2: Bartender

Double posted tonight! Make sure to read 1 first ;) 

Spotter

My head bobbed along to 'Wrong Side of Heaven' by Five Finger Death Punch, a song that is currently blasting through the club bar, the lyrics seeming true to a man like me. Being on the wrong side of heaven but the righteous side of hell is true to any solider, add on being a full patched member of an MC and there is no denying it.

Grabbing the bar rag, I wiped the wooden counter as my eyes scanned over the room looking over every person and object. It's a habit, one I can't control and never would try to break, more likely I would try to make sure I can perfect it, being able to read everything in front of me accurately.

I learned a long time ago that people hide what they feel; people lie or just don't even know the truth themselves. As a kid I learned how to read every little sign that someone gives off that tells me who they are, if they are a threat or if they need help. My greatest mistake was that I was not able to read what someone needed me to before it was too late.

My greatest regret, one that I will never let happen to anyone else.

Signing up for the service at seventeen was the greatest decision I have ever made. Parents didn't agree but they helped sign the papers to get me out of that painful town knowing that if I stayed I would break. Plus, my father is a good man, every mistake he turns into a lesson though he doesn't blame me for what happened he respects my choice of duty and the way I choose to right the wrongs of the world. Even if it gets me on the wrong side of heaven.

Sucking in a breath I stood up straight as I rolled my shoulder, an old wound silently burning making sure I remember the shrapnel that is still in it. My body never fully healed from war, and it loves reminding me of it.

As unwanted memories began to flash in my head I took breath to bring my heart rate down, slowly I began to name each bottle of alcohol behind me and their positions on the shelf. The names and locations helping to clear my head and calm myself.

Makers Mark: Middle row, fifth rack from the floor.

Knobs Creek: Middle Row, fourth rack from the floor.

Someone knocked their knuckles on the table drawing my eyes on them. "Never guess what we saw today." Hunter said taking a seat as I poured him a beer and passed it to him.

"What?" I asked as Ryker and Smoke sat on the other side of him with grins.

"We saw a certain bike that looks very similar to your old one. That matt green Triumph that a girl thief tased you for, I mean the one I saw is now black but still." Smoke said making the others chuckle as I rolled my eyes giving Ryker a beer and Smoke an apple juice with a straw. "Fuck you, doesn't change what happened to you that night. Talk about a great first impression on your new brother."

The brothers have never stopped giving me shit for what happened that night. After my patch in night, Briac, Hamlet and I went out for a long drive toward Nevada stopping at a local pub joint to meet up with Smoke. There I had been targeted by a petty thief who was able to pickpocket me while singing a song. When I figured it out, it was too late finding her outside the pub on my bike, waiting to flirt with me before she tased me taking off with my bike.