28: Thorns

Spotter

Spotter

What has this day turned into?

I should be upset, sad, hurt that Rose had to kill someone. But I don't. Twice in one day has she defended members of my family, twice she has proven she cares to protect others.

I'm not upset, I'm proud.

Briac was still kneeling by the body, his hands frisking for anything of value. His hands stopping at the man's front pocket to take out a phone, no doubt a cheap burner from a corner store.

He stood up passing the phone to Smoke. "Take this to Princess, see if she can get anything out of the phone and take a photo of this piece of shit for her to run facial rec."

Smoke nodded taking the phone, my eyes drifting to Rose seeing her watch the phone pass hands. "On it."

Taking a photo Smoke turned to head out of the room to find the hacker. "Oh, and Smoke?" Briac called stopping Smoke's movements. "Don't be a dick about her hacking."

Smoke gave a snort resuming his departure "Sir yes Sir."

Rolling my eyes at him I turn my attention back to Rose, watching her shuffle on her feet. "So..." Rose started bringing Briac's attention back on her. "We good? I would really like to shower, change my clothes and burn these ones."

Briac took a deep breath looking at her, Rose's head titling mirroring Briac's tired mood. "Take one of the empty rooms to clean up, stay in the clubhouse. Don't want to take any chances with the cops outside."

Hamlet took a step closer to the President. "I will go have a chat with the officers, push them out."

Briac nodded at the VP. "Do it. Clean this up quickly and get the body disposed of without anyone noticing. Church will be in ten to continue. Someone go tell Princess she is not to come into Church until I know who this fucker is."

Rose rolled her shoulders, even though she is covered in the blood of a man who tried to hurt our club doesn't make me upset... nope. Her eyes flickered to me, the color dancing as she tried to keep her emotions in check making her flip her hair over her shoulder and walk out of the room without a word to me.

Me seeing Rose caring and being protective is more than pride, it's a fucking turn on.

Someone laughed making me turn to see Hunter putting his hands over his eyes. "Fuck Spotter think about books or a club whore proposing to you. No one wants to see that."

Flipping them off I adjust myself and walk out of the room to find my filly.

It didn't take me long. I had barley walked down the corridor when I found her leaning against a wall looking older then her young years. Exhaustion written over her face along with guilt. Conflict.

Her against this door has her showing the deepest emotions she is feelings, ones she buries even to herself.

Hearing me walk up she puts her mask on, pushing her body off the door. "Really not in the mood Spotter."