15: Fallen

So sorry I have been gone for so long! I hope you all are doing okay and staying safe with the virus <3

Rose

I slammed the bottle down finishing the act I had at a burlesque bar when I was undercover for the mafia. "Boom. Told you bitches, now pay up."

"Fuck off." Doc said slamming a fifty on the table. "Dam girl you must have made hundreds."

"Thousands." I threw out a playful wink. "And the best currency there is, information. That job has me set for life."

I grabbed Amara's money, her eyes looking at me softly. "Wait how old were you when you had to work there."

Snatching the money, I put another drink in front of her. "Started at eighteen, been doing it off and on depending on life. Oh, don't give me sympathy eyes, it was burlesque not strip club. And trust me, it was soworth it."

Got tons of money. Allied with a powerful mafia. And confidence in my sexuality.

"YOU!" A loud growl made me turn to see Cane looking straight at me. Fuck, I should be worried about how pissed he is but that predatory glare has me wet in an instant.

Hey life's a game what can I say? Looking at the way he is vibrating I know there is only one reason why he is this mad at me. I should be upset that he remembers my con but I couldn't help but shiver from his gaze.

My arms rested against the wood as I gave him a smile. "Hello Cane Walker. You know for one with your reputation I thought you would have caught on sooner. Plus, with my hints about you being a whiskey." I gave an innocent wink as he stalked towards me.

"You were the singer. The thief." He threw out making me smile remembering that night.

"Mhm, fuck I was young. First time really pulling off that song, Fever? I know you still give me fever." It was so easy to tease him. "So, you didn't remember my face, well I did have blond hair and a baby face but you remember my voice, aw that's sweet."

I needed to keep teasing him. Part of me whispered that he could be someone to explain my whole life to, someone to accept and help me find answers but the other part, colder con part told me to keep myself as the singer thief.

"You stole my bike." His eyes were dark, a fury in them as he now joined me behind the bar counter, his hands gripping the wood to keep himself still.

I shrugged. "It is a gorgeous bike and I had less than three hours to get out of Nevada before the street crew replaced the baseball bats with bullets."

Cane tilted his head as he glared at me, really should be scared but fuck he is hot. "You tasedme."

"Course I did." I said matter of fact. "You had like 100 pounds of pure muscle on me when I was only eighteen weighing as much as a drowned rat. If you wanted your bike back you would have gotten your bike back and I needed to get away. Only mistake I made was talking to you but you are hot and I am human. Will stand by what I said though, 'I'll have a Cane Walker neat.'"