31: Blown

Alright, alright. I will follow what Princess says, triple update today ;)

 I will follow what Princess says, triple update today ;)

Rose

My body jumped hearing the doors to the Church room slam open. I turned my head in the direction to see what happened, my eyes scanning the look of the brothers as they walk towards me. Quickly I found Cane, his look of rage and betrayal told me one thing.

My cover is blown. Like really, really fucking blown.

I didn't need to think about what to do next. Rose shut off and Siren came in to get me out of this. I have been in instances where people find out I am a grifter and it becomes an automatic response of survival; one I don't need to think about.

Feeling movement behind me I snapped off my cuff, taking out the knife that is hidden there. Amara was about to say something but I grabbed her, pushing her in front of me with the knife to her throat making eye contact with Briac. Daring him, ordering him to stand down.

"Let her go or I will drop you!" Ryker shouted as guns went out, the clicks around the room telling me each is loaded and ready. I pushed Amara central to my front to block any bullet or knife from coming to me.

Rose was in the back of my head telling Siren to stop, to let Amara go but Siren was focused on living through this.

I kept my eyes connected with Briac, he had yet to draw his weapon and was staying calm. I need to focus on him and not risk looking at Cane's betrayed face. He would pull Rose back and push Siren away, who I need if I want to get out of this alive.

"That's not necessary Siren. Put it down." He said calmly using my code name.

"Necessary? I like to call it, self-preservation, a safety mechanism that is dependent on you and your boys. Keep them calm and nothing happens." I said making sure my entire face is masked.

Ryker growled but Briac held his hand up as Amara trembled under my knife. "Let's talk Siren, you have a reputation for vigilantly work, your covers, marks, why would you be after my club."

I shook my head. "Not here for this motorcycle club. I am here for you Sergeant Bledig."

Briac looked me up and down with a titled head still trying to wonder where he has seen me before. Interesting since he does have my brother's things in his desk.

"I don't get you Siren. A famous grifter known for bringing people down with a few vocals. Not sure how I fit into this. Tell me who hired you and you can go." He said making me tsk at his words.

Shaking my head, I did a quick scan of the room checking that no one moved, my eyes quickly returning to Briac. "You keep saying I look familiar maybe if you know my name. My real one is Annabel Rose Anderson." The shock on his face would have been comedic if not the circumstance, Cane's gun hand dropped drawing my eyes real quick seeing his face confused.