34: Spell On Me

Spotter

Spotter

"Ready?" Smoke asked parking the truck glancing at me, his thoughts loud as if he were screaming them, asking me if I have my head on the task and not in self-pity from Rose.

Ignoring his question, I stepped out of the truck adjusting my sweatshirt, not wearing my cut is necessary as we are not wanting to be noticed but because it keeps us in the shadows doesn't mean it's not making me feel naked. To some cuts may look like a piece of leather, but to a brother of any club it represents family and the weight of the leather is the weight of responsibility to keep them safe.

Stepping into the strip joint 'Legs Up', my eyes squinted adjusting to the lighting and fog that filled the room. I winced hearing the song 'Cherry Pie' blare, god I hate this song. Over played and always at a strip club.

Glancing over my shoulder I find Smoke following me as Ryker, Tatt and Hunter went another direction. Looking forward I take a seat in a booth in the back corner, Smoke sitting beside me as he looked around the room seeing if anyone sticks.

"Anyone need to go over the plan again?" Briac asked through the coms somewhere outside making sure he isn't seen. We don't know if there are other hitmen out, need to be cautious before taking out a threat we don't know.

"Have some faith in us Prez. Watch, find Malarky, listen to any conversations, tail when they leave and then kick their ass." Tatt replied into the coms.

"Good you sorry asses actually listen from time to time. Now Remember, don't draw attention or be recognized." Briac gruffed out, his voice tight in concentration and emotion from whatever talk he had with Rose. No matter who she is now, Rose is Hollywood's sister. It wouldn't have been easy to face her while confessing to killing her brother no matter the circumstance.

If he can focus after having seen the sister of a man he killed, I can focus after finding out the woman I was sleeping with betrayed me.

Glancing around the room I found the brothers looking casual and blending into the scene of the club. They were also not wearing cuts to blend in better, which is also why we split. Small groups of guys draw less attention then large groups. If this Malarky guy is working for whoever put the hit out, he knows the faces of the club; they see one of us and this whole thing is blown before we have a chance to get any sort of answers.

My mind stopped reading what is around me and instead began to go over the redhead who gives me so many questions, feelings and certainty that has now been busted.

Where is she now? Who is she now?

Fuck now is not the time to go over this. I have reviewed every interaction, every eye moment, every feeling she gave me, every time she revealed herself to me over and over again.

And I was still no closer to finding out if anything she gave me was real.

I am in the middle of something to protect my club, now is not the time for that red head.