14: Look

Spotter

Spotter

Taking my seat around the table for church I look over to Briac as he sat down at the head of the table, emptying his pipe of old tobacco. What the fuck was it that he could have said that had affected Rose so much? She is a woman who keeps everything locked up, but by the way she acted he must have said something big for it to get to her. For her to pull at my cut as a way to keep herself together, to let me touch her.

Rose gave me a look into her in that corridor, no matter how much she fought it there was a part of her that craved emotions, craved having someone close to her. With Briac spooking her it has caused Rose to show herself and spook her once she remembers how she let her guard down. Rose will either get cold to hide herself again, or bolt. I need to tread carefully to make sure she doesn't bolt. Patience was something I was always good with but it's others I need to worry about.

Briac must have pressed one hell of a pressure point. Part of me wanted to know this pressure point, to know what I could say that would get her to open to me, let me know who she is. But pressure points should only be pressed out of necessity and not on a wild filly such as Rose.

Patience it is.

My palms rubbed against my thigh remembering how soft she felt when I cupped her cheek, how when I pressed closer to her it took everything out of me to not bring her back to my room and make her talk. Or take up her offer to get a full look at her to read. I've seen a hint of her body and now I want to see all of it.

Cracking my neck, I kept looking at Briac, I still want to know what it was that they spoke of so I know what topic to avoid talking with her. And also, what the fuck was he thinking going at her the way he did. Fuck I know she is a wild one but that is why you can't push her. He didn't give a shit manhandling her into his office to yell at her for something so what can I expect?

"Don't give me that look." Briac said looking at me rolling his eyes in annoyance as the last of the brothers sat down and the door to the room closed so we can begin in private.

I wiggled my jaw shrugging at him to bring myself out of my thoughts. "What look?"

He took out his pipe tobacco, filling the pipe and lighting it up with Hamlet tossing different folders around the table. "The 'don't fuck with my woman' look."

Snorting I shake my head at the thought of Rose being 'my woman'. "She is like eighteen."

Briac rolled his eyes puffing his pipe. "And yet I am getting the look."

Princess chuckled, "she's 21 by the way so not a child."

"Still a baby." I muttered making the brothers laugh.

"Aw he does have the look. The one person he can't read, almost poetic." I turned glaring at Hamlet doing a quick read through of him, his body rigid with each word. "Yeah that's the same look the others had when they met their women."