Faith IX | Risky Bait

PROTIP: The team was almost towards the end of the palace! The place they are at for the majority of this scene is a large circular, empty, chapel with an upper balcony and large stone pillars.

-=-=-=-=-

The team was on edge, for escaping a palace that was on high alert, this was way too easy.

"Yuuen, Lunar, stay close." Joker instructed as they neared the end of the palace, losing one of them again was the last thing the team needed.

Yuuen just gulped as she moved slightly forward to be directly in the center of the group, almost touching Joker as the team surrounded her.

Her worries calmed a bit as she felt a cold hand rub her head soothingly, "Lunar?" She questioned looking at the person the hand belonged to.

She gave her a light smile as Yuuen just gave her a weird look.

It was comforting, to say the least.

"Joker... there are no shadows ahead!" Fox whispered as he peered around the corner.

"Odd... there were always shadows there..." He commented before pressing forward, gently.

He wasn't going to let them be caught in an ambush again, that almost cost the team their lives; if it weren't for Yuuen and Lunar, he was sure they would have died.

He looked around.

'What we need, is bait...' He sighed before looking behind him to see if there was anything he could use. 'If we could just get them to reveal their location we should be able to get the jump on them.'

'Given, there are actually people waiting to ambush us.' He sighed before glancing back at Yuuen who gave him a worried look.

She would make the perfect bait...

'I can't...' He frowned before looking for other options. He didn't have it in his heart to do it.

If something happened to her, then he would be entirely guilty. He would never be able to live with himself after that.

"We need some sort of bait to lure them out..." Queen stated, having the same thoughts as Akira.

Akira frowned, he'd already known that. But what did they have for bait?

"I could go." Yuuen volunteered, making Akira almost slam his head against the wall.

"No. No. Absolutely not." He stated as she pouted.

"Why not? I'm the treasure, they'd have to come out if I showed up." She retorted with a massive frown.

"Because you could get hurt, or kidnapped and taken as hostage. I'm not openly sending you into danger like that, there are too many variables." He glared, but his eyes were sincere.

Yuuen knew he only wanted to keep her safe.

"It's the only choice we have." She said looking into Joker's eyes. Her eyes were determined, he could at least tell that much.

"She's right you know." Queen faced Akira, her gaze saddened.

Akira looked down.

He really didn't want to do this.

But his team was already getting tired from their first ambush, and despite the fact he'd never admit, he was almost at his limit himself.

As much as he wanted to save Yuuen as soon as possible, perhaps he should've taken a daylong rest to allow his body to recharge after using that 'Acquired Skill'.