Faith IX | A Lost Light

PROTIP: 2 pounds is a little under a kilogram (0.9)

(Also that picture ^^^)

-=-=-=-

"You'd attack your own daughter?!" Mona exclaimed in shock but it was far too late, the attack had already been halfway underway.

Yuuen's eyes widened in absolute terror as Joker scrambled to move.

His body was heavy, but the adrenaline of the moment somewhat kept him going. 

Yuuen just flinched before shielding Ann's body, the only thing she could do at the moment.

'Move, Akira!' He screamed at himself, feeling his muscles burn in pain.

But... He didn't make it.

The clean sound of the sword slicing through flesh echoed in the room.

It was silent for a few seconds, everyone paralyzed in shock until an ear-piercing scream filled the room.

The sound was terrifying, the only word it spoke was absolute despair.

"Lunar!!!" Yuuen screamed before running over to the persona, cradling the girl in her arms.

She had morphed out of her dragon form back into the simple maid form she originally had. A large gash was across her chest as black fog oozed out of the wound.

"Lunar! Lunar!" Yuuen cried, trembling as she frantically shook the girl.

Akira had stopped moving a while back, too shocked and tired to move his muscles any further. His legs gave out underneath him as he flopped onto the ground, watching the scene before him.

"W-Why...?" Yuuen choked out through the tears, her voice timid as her voice wavered.

The maiden didn't respond for a while, probably too tired to respond, but her mouth opened open eventually.

"Because I'm the reason this palace was created."

-=-=-=-

"H-h-Hey... U-um... you dropped this..." A timid boy stuttered out as he approached the bluenette girl.

He clearly wasn't too experienced in the whole 'Conversing with females' area and couldn't stop trembling while he held out a small blue pencil case.

The boy was short and he wasn't the most attractive, but he was kind of cute behind his messy brown hair and auburn eyes.

The girl's eyes widened, recognizing her pencil case almost instantly.

"Thank you!" She smiled gratefully, taking the mini blue pencil case within her hands, "Uhm..." Her voice trailed off, not knowing the boy's name.

"M-Morito!" He stuttered out quickly, blushing as red as a tomato as he talked to the beautiful bluenette girl. "M-Morito Taiga!" He finished with a bow.

The girl bowed back before smiling, "Fujisawa,  Fujisawa Ayako." She said slightly shyly, somewhat intimidated by the boy's frantic behavior. She found it cute nonetheless.

"I-I U-Uhm... Have to go now!" He bowed again before scurrying away, his ears burning in embarrassment.

"Bye..." She chuckled a bit as she waved, a soft smile adorned on her face.

-=-

"U-Uhm...! Fujisawa-senpai! Will you-... uhm..." The boy trailed off his face burning in embarrassment.

"Hmm? Morito-kun?" She raised her eyebrow as the boy evading her curious gaze as if it was the plague.

"W-Wi-Wi-w..." His lips trembled as his heart rate increased, this was a lot harder than he had practiced.