Chapter 3

Thank @avnishah98 for editing this C;

---------

Chapter 3

Ever’s Pov

     Harry was looking straight into my eyes making the hairs on my back stand up. It was as if those green eyes staring at me were like those beautiful landscapes which you just stand and watch in awe. I tried focusing more on to reality; I was holding his face in a towel with both my hands. It was then that I noticed how tall and muscular Harry actually was and how I could almost feel his breath on my skin. He was starting to come closer towards my face. Just then at that moment my phone rang playing the song “Punching in a dream” by the Naked and Famous.

    I took a step back and cleared my throat very aware of what could have happened next. I looked at the caller Id and answered. Without looking back at Harry I turned around and cleared my throat again and took a deep breath to try to make my voice sound normal.

    “Hey Kate” I said nonchalantly. I touched my left check to feel how hot it was, even though I could feel them cooling down as I continued to talk.

    “Hey Ever, is your shift over?” Kate asked in a questioning voice. I looked to the ground and played with my feet very aware that Harry was probably watching my every move.

    “Yeah, I was about to head home. Why? Did something happen?” I asked.

    She took a pause and yelled at someone. “Oh no. I was just going to ask you if you wanted to come over later. I rented some movies and Jake is going to come over”she made the name Jake sound long followed by kissy noises. I couldn’t help but smile slightly at the thought of hanging out with my “stutter boy” as Kate says. But sadly he has eyes for Kate which is no surprise at all. I sigh and my smile fades then I say “Can’t I was going to hang out with one of…” I look around for an excuse for me not to go. Then my eyes stop at Harry who was almost clean except for the huge blue stain on his white shirt and khaki shorts. Then my mind goes back to the moment where Harry and I almost kissed and what could have happened next...

    “Hellooo!”Kate’s voice wakes me up from the daydream. “Kate, sorry but tonight’s not good. I’m busy later. Maybe some other time” I bit my lip and Kate mumbles“Okay” and hang up leaving my attention back to Harry once again.

Harry’s POV

    My skin felt very sticky and I was sure that this girl had no interest in me, well at least not after my little accident. Stupid smoothie. When she’s done talking on the phone she turns around to look at me. I clear my throat and say “Well that was cool wasn’t it” it was a bad joke and she knows it.

    She just smiles and I can’t help but slightly smile back. “You okay?” she asks and I nod. Then I remembered hitting my right ankle with the door that caused my little fall back there. But I don’t tell her that. She looks at my shirt and shorts and shakes her head “I’ll buy you something to wear since It was kind of my fault that that happened to you” I try to protest not wanting to make her spend money on me. But she just continues “think of it as me paying you back, I mean you did just fall there” she nods at the place where the blueberry smoothie was splattered. I sigh, surprising myself that I didn’t have the words to say no. God could I be starting to fancy this girl? I show her the way to my car, she follows me covering herself with her bag. What was she trying to do?

    She noticed my face and answered my obvious question “I’m doing this because I don’t want to be caught with any type of media and have a bunch of rumors that I have some kind of relationship with you. It’s just never been my thing to be the center of attention and it so not going to be now” I put my hands up in defense as if she has just accused me of something. Once in the car I ask her where she wants to go and she says to Macys. Knowing that it isn’t exactly cheap place to go but I just drive away. I peer at her to see the way she kept on biting her lip. When she catches me she looks up and says “Harry do you have a staring problem?

Ever’s POV

    This kid must have hit the ground pretty hard because he wouldn’t stop looking at me and smiling. Almost changing the subject he says “it’s just that your beauty prevents me from keeping my eyes off you ” he keeps his eyes on the road this time.

    He did not just compliment me right? I can feel my cheeks start to flush and I turn my head towards the window. Harry then asks me “What’s you name babe?”

    Without thinking I ask “why?” just after he spoke.

    This time he looks and me with a stunning smile and says “well it’s only fair that you know my name so I should know yours. Also don’t you think I deserve to know the name of the girl that is about to save me by buying me a pair of clothes” he makes his British accent very clear when he says that. He was bringing up an argument that was impossible for me to win. He smiles because he knows it too. Obviously I knew his name, who doesn’t? I sigh and say “Ever”.

    “What? He asks. I look at his eyes and speak louder “my name is Ever”

    “What a very beautiful name you have. You know what they say a beautiful name for a beautiful girl” he smirks. Good lord. He was flirting with me. Are you kidding me? I do have to admit I kind of liked the way it made me feel like. For once I was proud to look the way I did. It was the first time a guy has called me beautiful. I smiled like a fool and told him “Thanks”

    When we arrived at the Macys store, Harry adjusted the beanie and put on some black shades. Assuming that he wouldn’t want to go in the store looking the way he did I said “I’ll be back in a few” he nodded and I quickly went in and out of the store with a black shirt and white shorts. When I approached his car there were five girls with him on with cameras and phones. Great what I needed. I covered my face with the massive Macys bag and walked straight to his car ignoring the questionable faces they were giving me. As I got in Harry told them “Sorry girls. It was nice meeting you all” then he rolled up the window and drove away before letting them ask about who I was.

    “Please tell me that that doesn’t happen everywhere you go?” I ask him in a pleading tone.

    He looks at me and smiles“I’d be lying if I said no” he points at his shades and beanie. Getting the picture I sigh and say “can you just take me home?” He nods as I give him the clothes and the address to my house. The car ride home was quite but then again it only took about 7 minutes for him to stop at a 2 floor house I recognized as home. We both get out of the car and he tells me “thanks for the clothes. I hope we can hang out sometimes without you having to pay for me or without the very embarrassing accident” he smiles waiting for me to give him my number or say sure I’d love that. But I don’t.

    When I do talk though I start to say something but then I trip towards him. He takes a hold of me before I make a fool out of myself like he did. I look up and stare at his soft green eyes and at his lips remembering how we were almost about to kiss earlier today. I step out his grasp trying to figure out how I could have possibly tripped right into his hands and say “Maybe we can hang out again” enhancing the maybe part. He makes a very disappointing face and I start to pity him. I’m such a softie. I ask for his phone and he unlocks it and gives it to me without any questions. This boy has to be careful on who he gives his phone to. I punch in my number and hand it back with a smile and say “my numbers in your phone now, so would you please stop making those faces” he grins making it obvious I had just stepped into his trap. And all I do is stand there blushing like an idiot, as he drives away.

    As I walk up to my room and check that it’s still 7 and decide to watch the Notebook on my laptop. I get some sandwiches to eat and when I’m sitting on my bed munching on a piece and loading the movie my phone vibrates. I click on the see message button and end up smiling at the unknown text.

Did I tell you how ravishing you looked today? (;

    I didn’t need to be told whom it was from. Watching the Notebook suddenly sounded like the worst movie to watch at that time. I went to bed early and throughout the whole night my thoughts kept on drifting to Harry’s eyes and the way he smiled at me. Just what did I exactly get into?