Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Ever’s Pov

“Off” I demanded without even moving, slowly Jake lifted himself off of me and stood next to me. Had he not seen my mother when he did his little stunt back then? And since when did Kate decide hugging guys out of the blue was normal?

“Ah Kate?” I looked over at Kate who was smiling at Louis; he just smiled back and took in her hug. When she finally looked over at me I motioned her with my hand to come over to me. She frowned and trotted herself over to me and I yanked her arm outside of the room.

“Hey what gives?” she asks once I let go of her arm and she starts rubbing it.

“Sorry, you guys surprised me when you came in. Why’d you bring Jake along? “I ask rubbing my left eye and yawning. Boy was I tried and it was probably late too.

“Well when you left we were still hanging out and then I got a call about your mom. I was gonna come here alone but Jake insisted he should come too. The guy literally begged me” She says playing out how we looked. I let out a laugh and then Kate’s face softened.

“Is she okay?” she asks softly. I looked at her and then down at the floor crossing my arms.

“The doctor said that she collapsed from exhaustion but it wasn’t anything major, so she’ll be fine” I smiled at her. I wanted to keep the part where it might not be so minor to myself, telling Kate could later on cause pion

“Well that’s good” she says pulling me into a hug that I somehow didn’t seem to mind. We walked back into the waiting room with everyone else; my mom had gone to get the sign-out paper work while the rest of us were waiting.

“Guess you guys don’t know each other” I said realizing Jake probably recognized the five boys but them on the other hand, were clueless. I smile at them who looked almost as tired as I but they still introduced themselves.

“Hello, I’m Liam, this is Louis…” Liam starts to say but gets cut off by Jake who gives them all an annoyed look.

“I know who you guys are Kate reminds me everyday” He says looking over at Kate who just smiles and turns red, clearly embarrassed. “I’m Jake by the way” he chuckles. I watch as they all nod back at him and Kate starts to get back up.