Across The Lines (Frerard)

Across The Lines by iamdali

Posted on AO3

Pairings: Frerard, Rikey

Rating: Mature

Chapters: 1

Word Count: 67,105

Summary: A summer to change everything. Frank Iero is just trying to get out of high school alive when a boy from across the lines makes him question himself, his beliefs and test just how far he's willing to go in order to be who he wants to be. Gerard Way is home for the most important summer of his life. He's going to build bridges with his younger brother, help out an elderly neighbour and meet a boy from across the lines.

~~~

So I was planning on updating something tonight, but that idea was thrown out the window when I started reading this fic. Kieren recommended it to me ages ago, at least, I think it was them, and I can't believe I put off reading it for so long.

This story is freaking perfect. I was literally grinning like an idiot throughout the entire first half of it, and I got so immersed in this, it was kind of insane.

Basically, Gerard comes back home to visit his family for the summer, he lives in New York during the year for college. Somehow, he ends up walking his neighbor's dog every day, and he keeps running into Frank walking his own dog. Frank lives in the next town over, and everyone there is super religious, and they don't talk to anyone in the "outside world".

As you can probably guess, Frank and Gerard fall in love, and just the way it happens, and how fucking cute they are is beyond wonderful, and it was so well written.

For about half an hour after I read this fic, I was in a giddy mood, and I have been feeling like shit lately, so that is saying a lot.

Drop everything you are doing and read this now, I command you.

Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/435080