Young & Beautiful (Larry)

Young & Beautiful by Velvetoscar

Posted on AO3

Pairing: Larry

Other Characters: Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne

Rating: Mature

Chapters: 34

Word Count: 227,417

Summary: Louis, to his horror, attends an elitist university in which the name Zayn Malik means something, Niall Horan doesn't stop talking, there are pianos everywhere, and Harry Styles, only son of a drug-addled, clinically insane ex-rocker, has a perfect smile and empty eyes.

~~~

This fic - fuck - I don't even know where to start.

It was so amazing it's definitely one of my favorite stories I've ever read.

Basically it starts out with Louis, he's been enrolled in a very posh university that he doesn't think he belongs in at all. He's completely out of his element since he's middle class I think and this is a school for the very wealthy but his dad sent him there in the hopes that he would make something of himself.

But he quickly ends up becoming friends with some of the richest, most famous kids in school and he finds out that they're actually nice people for the most part and he starts enjoying himself much more than he thought he would.

Except for Harry, he fucking hates Harry and I adore fics that start out that way I don't know why it's just so incredible to watch their characters grow.

I won't say much else since I don't want to spoil it for you but the buildup in this fic is incredible. It's probably one the best, drawn out relationships I have ever read in my life, and I was at that point where I was feeling everything the characters were and I got so invested that even when I wasn't actively reading the story it was all I could think about.

There is drug use mentioned in this and a few other sensitive topics including some mental illnesses but it all worked with the fic perfectly it was necessary and added to it at least I think so.

The ending was so lovely as well I just really have nothing bad to say about this fic besides there is no smut in it at all but honestly the story didn't need it.

I cried three times while reading this and if you know me you are aware that I rarely cry so that alone means something.

Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/838537/chapters/1597776