November 1st (Frerard)

November 1st by babyspiders (was PotatoYoghurt)

Posted on Wattpad

Pairings: Frerard, Petekey

Other Characters: Ray Toro, Alicia Simmons, Lindsey Ballato, Jimmy Urine

Rating: Mature

Chapters: 33

Word Count: 110,853

Summary: It's the lake in November, and the move closer to the ocean, and Gerard's fixation, and Gerard's compulsions like tidal waves dragging him down, like he's drifting out into the middle of the ocean, just stuck there: water turning to quicksand around him, drowning.

And the letter; Frank finds it on the floor of the boys' bathroom, and the only paragraph legible is the final one, and even still, it barely is: 'I've been underwater for a long time now, but I'm not drowning, I'm beginning to think I can breathe like this, but I can't, I'm gasping for breath, and I have to do this, Mikey, I have to end this myself. I'm going to the lake on the 1st of November, don't wait for me... I'm not coming back.'

The name signed at the bottom is little more than a smudged mess of blue ink, and it's obviously a suicide note, Frank's stupid, but not stupid enough to brush over that fact, and whoever this person is, Frank knows that they most certainly don't deserve to die. And Frank isn't going to let them, but one person in a whole school, it's like a needle in a haystack, but he's got time, it's November 1st in thirty days, and he can only hope that it will be enough.

He's got one month: the date is October 1st.

~~~

I love all of Kieren's works to pieces, but this has to be my favorite they have finished so far.

I won't explain the plot since I am sure everyone has already read it, but I adore the way that they portrayed Gerard, and Kat (aka Mikey) - well everyone really. The characters were so deep and realistic, and I completely lost myself in their world.

I really wish there had been a bit from Frank's POV in the epilogue, but even so, the ending was perfect, and it is a literal masterpiece.

And if you can't tell by the description, it has major suicide and depression triggers, so be careful reading it.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/41498077-november-1st-frerard