"Hello, It's Me..."

this happened to my godmother, who I'm very close with. She and my mother have been friends since 4th grade.

This took place during the 70's and my godmother was about 16 or 17 at the time. So one day she was doing some homework in the living room, when the phone rang. Her mom picked it up and before she could say anything, she got a funny look and her face and started laughing. My godmother said "what is it, who was that?" Her mom said someone just playing some music over the phone, probably a wrong number.

A few days later, my godmother was home alone, when the phone rang. She picked it up and the song "Hello it's me" by Todd Rundgren started to play (you should look up the lyrics). My godmother smiled and thought it was this guy she was dating at the time. She hung up and the next day at school brought it up to the guy she was seeing. He looked confused and said he never called her. She brushed it off as someone who had a crush on her.

The phone calls were coming in about 5 times a day now, and she was both annoyed and freaked out. Her parents however just thought that it was someone who liked her. And each time she picked up the phone, that song was playing. Finally one day when she answered the phone she said "Look, who are you? You've been driving me and my family insane for the past month, so knock it off." But that only seemed to make it worse...because now she was getting calls around 1 in morning!

Fast foward to about 2 months, this had been going on for a while and one day my godmother decided to go to the record shop with some friends. While she was there she noticed this middle aged guy looking at her. She didn't think anything of it until he walked up close to here and started looking at some records. And then, he takes a Todd Rundgren record, shows it to her, and started whistling "Hello, it's me"..the song that playing whenever she answered the phone. And with that she told her friends that she didn't feel well and left. And just like that, the calls stopped.

Don't know what this guy's intentions were, but they definitely were not good.