No One Was There

Okay guys, this is my very first story submitted by a reader so I hope you guys enjoy!

 So a little back story; I'm a 17 year old trans male, and this was back when I was 16. So being such a young trans man means that I haven't started any kind of therapy yet, so I still look like a girl, even though I'm starting to look a little more boyish. Yes, I do have hips and working female equipment, so I can see why whoever was doing this would want to come into my home without permission ( creepy psycho rapists... ).

I live in this trailer with two bedrooms on either end of the house, with a living room to the right end of the house, and a kitchen to the left end of the house with a small bathroom in between the kitchen and the left side bedroom. The front door has been locked since forever, and we haven't used it since we moved in - it doesn't even have any front steps! There's a back door, which my dad has built a large wooden porch on, which we frequently use as our front door. The front door leads into the kitchen, and it's within very short walking distance to the bathroom.

So here I was, taking a shower, the dogs were outside - a little tip, my dogs bark like maniacs when someone enters, whether they're outside or in, but they didn't bark or anything so this really threw me off the first time. That's when I heard someone walk up the porch steps, and it was eerily quiet. Now, my porch isn't falling apart, but it's not necessarily sturdy, so when someone walks up it it makes a loud, prominent rattling sound, you can hear it no matter where you are in the house. Then, I hear the door open and close, there are footsteps walking around the living room, but it's mostly quiet. Figuring it was my dad, I called out "Dad?" (If it were my dad, he would've called out my deadname to see if I was home, but there was only silence.) Then, I hear more footsteps walking through the kitchen and into the little hallway going past the bathroom door. They stop in front of the door, and all is quiet.

I'm really unsettled, so I finish my shower - seeing as whoever this mystery intruder is isn't intent on entering the bathroom where I currently was -, dry off, get dressed real quick, and reach into the medicine cabinet to grab a pair of hair cutting scissors in case I have to protect myself. I cautiously peak out of the bathroom door, and see no one. I run into the living room, where my phone was, then swapped the scissors for a large kitchen knife before bolting outside. I call my dad, asking if he came over. He said no. I told him someone walked into the house, but there was no one. My dad was freaked out, and took the twenty minute drive from his work site all the way home. He checked and double checked the house in case someone was hiding, but there was no one. We were stumped and confused, at first dad thought it was the postman, since he usually walks up the front porch and leaves packages up there, but he never WALKED INTO our house. To this day, I have no idea what that was.

SECOND INCIDENT - this one is more recent, some time around the beginning or middle of the year.

This time I was in the bathroom again, but I wasn't showering. This was about the time my dad and uncle got home from work, but a little earlier, so it wasn't weird for me to assume it was them. Anyways, this time the dogs DID bark - they were in the house with me - when I heard the door open. I was just stepping out of the bathroom, when I heard a brief "whoops", like an ACTUAL voice of a man, and the door slammed shut. Confused, I walked up to the window and peaked out. I saw no one running away from the house or anything, and they couldn't have evacuated the property that fast, it wasn't that long for me to get from the bathroom to the window adjacent to the kitchen right after the door was closed. It's like they just vanished into thin air.

So I called my dad again, a little less freaked out than last time, and told him what happened. He was pissed off, he came home and looked around, but there was no one, just like last time. This time, dad really did believe that someone was terrorizing us, and threatened to kill whoever it was. ("I'm going to tear off their head and sh*t in their neck hole!" Wise words, dad.)

It hasn't happened since, and I'm convinced our house is haunted or something.