[ 29 ]

The art of someone to realize how much they like you back was by making them desire you as much as you can.

But she just simply couldn't bring herself do that.

Lando was too soft of a guy and breaking his heart more than it already was wasn't something Taylor planned on doing anymore. They were both already hurting from everything they have been through this year and to add on top of that another problem was just heartless.

All this thoughts came because of some drama started in Twitter, like usual really, but this time it was about Taylor and Lando. Fans were convinced they were dating ever since the video with SkySports came out. She must admit it did look convincing that they were dating because of the video plus it didn't help how somebody took pictures of them leaving the Halloween party hand in hand. And now that she had the time to actually look at their video together, she could tell how he felt about her just by the way Lando would stare at her every time with such love in his eyes she felt the need to throw her phone at the wall.

She wasn't sure how to react to somebody actually liking her and wanting to be with her. It was all weird and she felt like it was all a big lie with the way things unfolded. There were so many thoughts going through her head, and the main one she blamed herself for was the issues she had because of her obsession with reading, her expectations were too high after reading so many books about love. She was also scared she would get bored easily in a relationship, because she does with everything else in life, it was worrying it would happen with Lando.

It surprised her when George suggested going for a walk around a lake nearby the hotel instead of staying inside where the rest of the people were. McLaren threw a small party for Lando's birthday, it was just a dinner with his team and close friends because the following day it was race day, but at least something was done to celebrate.

"I didn't know you and Lando were dating" George asked with a smirk on his face.

"We're not" quickly replied, her head doing a double take at the smirk on his face before rolling her eyes.

"Because I thought we had a chance-wait what? For real?"

"Yep" Taylor sadly smiled, wanting to answer a completely different thing, "What makes you think we're dating?"

"Saw you both leaving together the Halloween party." He explained "Plus Twitter is full of it"

A small moment of silence followed, slowly walking side by side by the shore of a lake couldn't have been more awkward, "You thought we had a chance?" She wanted to laugh, really, but she forced herself to suppress her giggles by looking down at her feet, "I thought you said it was some stupid crush-George tell me the truth"

"The truth is some crushes are better left as crushes. Sometimes you only like someone because you don't know enough about them to dislike them"

She stared blankly at him, "I didn't know you had more than one brain cell George"

"I in fact do" he chuckled, "I realized this with you" at her face of doubt at his statement he quickly tried to explain himself, "I idealized you so much, for so many reasons. I don't think you realize this but Taylor you are already a legend. Truly believe me when I say how fascinated everybody was with you in the lower Formula categories, there wasn't a single person that wasn't excited about you, a girl, winning everything. We all idealized you so much- but I realized how troubling idealization can be. Don't get me wrong, you are an amazing and wonderful girl and so beautiful, but the more I got to know you I just-you are just a person. Even if you seem intimidating because of the way you physically look or because of what you achieved in the sport, at the end you are just a person. Like me. Like anybody else" George felt like an idiot for blurting that out just like that. But he had to go with it now since there was no turning back. "We only see what we want to see and then drown ourselves further in our own depression because you are not what we expected you to be"