[ 21 ]

Lando kissed both of her cheeks when he was close enough to Taylor, a goofy smile on her face as her stomach did a flip.

"You look beautiful" Lando spoke next, smiling as he did so. She looked gorgeous under the light of the setting sunset of Monaco, with a loose dress and her hair high up in a ponytail, her beauty never ceases to amaze him.

"Thank you" she murmured, preventing eye contact with him.

"Shall we get going my lady?" Lando chuckled, offering his arm for Taylor to take as they walked towards his car that was parked at the side of the street.

As promised, Lando took her out on a date after she saw him with the bruise he had on his chest. It wasn't easy to convince Taylor on dropping the subject, as she was determined to really know what happened to it. But after Lando's amazing skills of pretending everything was okay when in reality it wasn't, he managed to convince Taylor nothing wrong happened to him.

It was hard to plan a date in a place he only visits once a year, and it's not like he knew much about Monaco. So he went with the safe choice of a fancy restaurant for then to take a walk at the beach. No matter what he did, nothing could go wrong since Taylor was always down for anything.

It wasn't until they started walking through the beach that Taylor felt like all her worries were left behind, an actual smile appeared on her face as she laughed in delight at the sand in between her feet.

Lando smiled as he watched her walking ahead of him, grabbing a seashell each time she saw one, only to give it to Lando, who was already holding their shoes, to then run off in search for another shell.

It was amazing to see her sparkling eyes at something so insignificant as walking at the beach, she truly did enjoy every single aspect of life no matter what.

"How is it having Ricciardo as teammate?" She asked him once she couldn't find anymore shells since the sun was setting. Daniel was such a fun person to talk with, since no matter what he could always place a smile on her face, Taylor felt like he was a great teammate, but listening to what the rumors said, it seemed like it wasn't all rainbows as she thought.

Lando took a deep breath, opening up to her can't be that bad, he once did it during their road trip, so why not now? "I always thought it was going to be amazing, that I will be learning a lot from him. . ." He took a small pause to look at her, her brown hair flying back due to the wind, "But it turned out completely different-I guess I took for granted the relationship I had with Carlos- you know we could share everything between us without having to worry about some sort of. . . Rivalry? Of course we wanted to beat each other but not to a toxic point"

Her mind went to Max. Unbeknown to Max, the friendly rivalry they had going on wasn't so friendly after all, the team was constantly telling her to not be better than Max. This causing her to be stuck in between performing behind Max or beating him for the small game they had, which she clearly could.

"He constantly beats me on every race, to the point social media says I'm just a mediocre driver and that I'm only there for PR" Lando spoke again. "The way sometimes I'm dragged by the media-it's just too much" Lando couldn't bare the thought of only speaking about him, so he quickly turned the subject around, "What about you? You finally broke the curse of the second driver of Red Bull" he teased trying to get a smile out of her but when she didn't he instantly understood the matter was more serious than what he thought.

"It's not as easy as it looks" Taylor spoke, her sweet voice bringing a smile to his face, "Kind of the same thing is happening to me"

"Will you be staying at Red Bull next year?"