[ 30 ]

"Good news, Taylor" Christian Horner stormed in through the door, "You are allowed to race"

A round of applauses were heard around the room, everybody relieved she could race in order to help win the team championship.

It truly was the most stressful two weeks of her life, with interviews everywhere, team meetings and meetings with important people she had no idea who they were. She barely had time to herself and could only feel she was finally breathing the moment Christian stormed in the room announcing the good news.

She couldn't have time to celebrate before she was pulled in once again into reviewing data from the free practice that day (which were done by their reserve driver Liam Lawson).

When she was finally given a break, Taylor took the opportunity to call her family while she ate dinner. It was fun to know what her parents and siblings have been doing this past two weeks since she couldn't even find the time to text them.

"Did they allowed you to race?" Max asked as he sat down with her at a table.

Taylor placed her phone aside ans turned to look at him, "yes, finally"

"That's good"

"Do you think you'll win the championship?" It was this race that would be the deciding who wins the 2023 championship even though there was still one to go. She was so excited for Sunday she just wanted to skip the time.

Max on the other hand shrugged. He did want to win, it would be his second championship. But there was something inside of him saying he shouldn't win. For this reason he only lied straight at her face, "I will win it" but the uncertainty in his icy blue eyes told a completely different story to Taylor.

She left her room after preparing for the race, her mind already set for the two and a half hour hot sauna she was about to sit through. It was always hard to concentrate on the race ahead, her mind found the perfect way to make up fake scenarios or intrusive thoughts that ruined her confidence even more than it already was.

"Gigi," she suddenly heard a person call her right before she disappeared through the Red Bull garage. Lando was standing there with a small bouquet of flowers in his hands, an awkward smile on his face. "Pretend this is not cringy at all and accept this fabulous bouquet of flowers I totally didn't steal from the garden behind the paddock"

Taylor couldn't help herself but laugh out loud at him, it was awkward yes, considering the fact he did this when they were younger, yet Taylor loved the small sense of safety the memories brought to her, it was a kind gesture she appreciated, "I'll accept it, thank you very much. But I should leave now, thanks again" she said before grabbing the flowers. Quickly standing on her tiptoes and placed a kiss on his cheek, running inside the garage with a flaming hot face.

"What's the update on the race?"

"You are currently in p5. Max is ahead in p2"

This excited Taylor. She knew the race for the midfield was boring since this track wasn't known for overtakes, yet she knew up ahead with the three first positions it was all spicy. Her race was lonely, no car close enough behind her and the car infront of her too far ahead and there was no point in trying to overuse her tires.

"Who's ahead?" Taylor asked, surprisingly lapping Mick who seemed to struggle all the race.

"So it's Hamilton in first place, Max in second, Ricciardo in third and Russell in fourth"