[ 43 ]

I'll be going to the US grand prix so I won't be able to update this weekend ;)

Max is somehow attractive.

He's totally the opposite of Lando of course, and Taylor can't help but compare them both. Perhaps they have very different features, yet they both are attractive.

Like the way the sun hits Max's dirty blond hair making it look golden under the sunlight or how his nose looks perfectly straight from the profile of his face.

But what totally throws off her admiration towards him is the way he lays at the
moment. "You sleep so weird" she laughs it off even if he probably is still asleep. "It's as if you're a vampire, as if you were dead"

Max suddenly gasps waking up startled, turning to look with wide eyes at Taylor. "Have you been watching me all this time?"

"Perhaps" she smiles warming up his chest, "Does that bother you?"

"Just a bit"

They share a smile, one that Max quickly had to make disappear in case he stared for too long.

Taylor suddenly stands up groaning, a headache starting to form as the sun hits her face. "We slept out here" there was sand everywhere, even in her hair and she hated the feeling of it. "When are you leaving again?"

"This afternoon"

"Great," she said standing up, "We can have a day at the beach before you leave."

With that she started to walk in excitement back to the house to get dressed and take the painkillers the doctor sent her.  Once she got dressed and explained to Max where he could permanently stay, she went down to the kitchen to help Noni with breakfast.

Looking at herself in the mirror was terrible, it seemed like the bruise on her only seemed to worsen over night, still she couldn't properly open her eye and the conversation of colors only got deeper.

"Your mother called" said Noni when she saw Taylor."Word got out you are in Italy"

Taylor looks horrified at the floor. Of course she was going to get recognized at some point but she didn't think it was going to be this soon.

"Please call your mother. The house phone is full of messages"

Taylor nodded and went to look for her phone. Thankfully it still had a bit of charge on and didn't waste any second on calling her mother.

"TAYLOR CLEMONTTE, I SWEAR TO GOD YOU PULL ONE OF THIS REBELLIOUS ACT AGAIN AND YOU WON'T SEE THE SUN EVER"

Taylor waited for her mother to stop yelling on the phone, letting all her anger out as she watches Max struggle to understand what her grandmother was telling him to do since Noni didn't understand english that much and Max barely knows Italian.

"Mom, I am sorry" a moment of silence followed before she heard her mother break down crying, her chocked sobs breaking Taylor's heart.

"Gigi sweetheart, you are good right?" The sudden voice of her father took her by surprise. "We were worried sick about you... she has flashbacks to that one summer when you completely disappeared for like a month" he said more lowly, her mother sobs dying out.

"I am good. Noni and Nono took me to the hospital, I just had a slight concussion but that's it" She didn't have the heart to tell them about the black eye or the terribly bruised knee or how much her back has been killing her.

"Have you been eating as well?"

"Yes, grandma is feeding me like a baby"

"Good. Will you be staying there?" He asked with a pained voice.