[ 17 ]

The Silverstone Grand Prix was known for the energy the fans brought to the track, and Taylor had to admit the atmosphere felt amazing as she sat in the cockpit of her car waiting for the race to start.

"Taylor, radio check"

"Yep, I can hear you."

"Great. Remember we are starting in p3 meaning we have a chance to get a higher position at the start. Good luck in the race"

Taylor had to admit, she was shitting herself. The team were expecting a 1-2 for the race, and to be honest it felt like she couldn't achieve this, it was more due to the fact that her car didn't feel great all weekend long. She had no clue how Max was capable of pushing the car so much, she just couldn't even reach his knees with talent, or at least that's what she made herself believe.

Noticing an unnecessary amount of movement to her left, she turned her head to see Lando waving at her from his car, she could already picture the big smile on his face. Taylor waved back at him with equal excitement, this boy was going to be the death of her.

"Concentrate Taylor"

"Sorry"

For a split second Taylor forgot the cars did a warm up lap first, she was all confused about it as the cars around her accelerated down the track in an unnecessary slow pace.

Once the lap was done, she only focused on the red lights up in front of her. This was the only time she could actually hear the cheering of the crowd. Nerves ran up and down her body, gripping the steering wheel so hard and biting her lips equally as hard was how she stepped on the throttle, the car reaching such high speed Taylor remembered how much she loved doing this and all her doubts and regrets were gone.

Somehow, somewhere, at some point during the race, Taylor was able to overtake Max, going one position up, p2 more precisely, and that's how she finished the race, right in front of Max.

Her excitement of getting a podium was suddenly gone as she remembered Daniel Ricciardo won, she would prefer to confess her love to Lando right now rather than doing a shoey with him.

"Taylor" Sing sang Daniel once on the podium, bringing his shoe closer to Taylor's face.

"No! Absolutely not!" She moved away, hiding behind a laughing Max, surprisingly he was so happy for her getting p2, that's all that mattered to Taylor at the moment, for her teammate to be happy for her.

"Oh come on, Gigi, it's tradition at this point," said Daniel, his unfamous laugh echoing through the speakers of the track.

Taylor eyed the shoe full of champagne, and without another single thought she took it and drank from it while the crown loudly cheered.

She swore her life ran past her eyes as she tasted the gross salty flavor of the champagne. It had to be done, she never knew if she would ever share a podium with him ever again, the opportunity couldn't be let past.

Daniel and Max laughed at her face, which was scrunched up in disgust as the salty flavor stayed in her mouth.

"Gross." her tongue sticking out as she proceeded to drink champagne from her own bottle.

Not in any single interview she had a sexist question thrown her way or one that could potentially hurt her feelings, instead everybody was congratulating her and only speaking about her battle for second place with Max.