[ 6 ]

Taylor walked through the hallways of the Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes. She was asked for a meeting with all the important people of the team, and as expected, she was offered a three year contract with the team. She would be swapped before the summer break with Checo, and would replace him for the reminder of the year. This was a huge opportunity but Taylor wanted to say no. She was horrified with everything happening so soon. Along with the history that the team had with their second drivers it made her doubt everything.

Max would leave the team by the end of this year, or at least that was what they expected, his contract would soon come to an end and they were determined to give him more years with the team if Taylor didn't sign with them, it was all up to Max to say no or yes if he wanted to stay no matter what. It was all a chain, if Taylor signed with RedBull, Max wouldn't be given another contract since the team wanted to put all their money on her, Max would be forced to look elsewhere and rumor says he was offered a McLaren seat, pushing Daniel out instead of their golden boy Lando, and Daniel would be offered a RedBull seat once again, or at least that was what she picked up from all the meetings she's been at all day.

Considering how good McLaren had been doing this past few years, RedBull could not compare themselves to them even though Max was pushing the car to the maximum, but when wasn't he? So it was more than likely Max would leave to the better team of the two.

RedBull gave her a week to think and go through the contract, it wasn't convincing and in fact it worried her how early she was being thrown into one of the great teams of the sport. She was just a rookie, she had no experience at all in comparison with Max.

Taylor left the factory, walking aimlessly around the city since she had no desire to go back to her hotel room. She went to multiple shops and bought clothes for herself, although she has come to England a couple of times in the past, she didn't know much about the city and looked like a lost tourist.

She was approached a couple of times by fans asking for a picture or an autograph, it was amazing how people actually wanted to spend time with her or how much they looked up to her, this was all new to her, it almost felt magical how appreciated she felt by a complete stranger.

Her day was going great until she forgot the way to the hotel, she even forgot the name of it. Taylor tried to call anybody that could help her remember the name, but it was no luck.
Her trainer Hayes wasn't picking up the phone and figured he wasn't going to since he was back in America with his family. Stella went straight to voicemail, other few members of the team had no idea and all her choices were soon starting to disappear.

There was only one last person she hasn't called. Taylor dual on whether to call him or not, but he was his last resource and her phone was about to die, she didn't have much choice but to have to.

It took only one sound of the phone ringing before Lando answered.

"Taylor? Is something wrong?" Lando asked, he was kind of out of breath as well, it made her feel bad for interrupting him.

"I'm so sorry Lan for bothering you, I'll just hang-"

"No, no, no, it's okay, you aren't a bother, what's wrong" he spoke more softly at her as he seemed to be moving around.

"Look, I'm kind of um lost? And I don't remember my hotel and I was hoping you would help me since you live here and um-"

"Yeah, yeah, where are you?"

"This mall that has like a red diamond like in the middle of it? If that makes any sense" Taylor said as she looked around, she felt a few stares on her but decided to ignore it, it was probably somebody that recognized her but was shy to come closer.