[ 25 ]

Inviting Lando to meet her family wasn't as bad as she expected it to be. He actually got along pretty well with all of them, including James who was reluctant about him at the begging, at the end of the day Lando won him by playing COD with him. The worst of all so far was how Dylan couldn't comprehend that Lando wasn't his older sister boyfriend, no matter how many times she explained it to him, he refused to listen and still believed they were dating. By the time she had to leave for the American Grand Prix she didn't want to leave her home, although her family was coming with her, Taylor loved staying at her old room with her family doing nothing all day.

"Max, why did they decided to change the front wing?" She asked him while walking through the paddock after they did the interviews for free practice that day.

"This track needs a different front wing" he answered with no emotion at all as for the past five minutes Taylor has been bothering his ass for an actual answer to why the team changed their front wings, and honestly he had no clue why.

"Yes I know that-what I meant was why
cha-" Taylor kept on insisting when suddenly somebody interrupted her.

"Taylor"

Max and her turned their heads to see Charles coming up to them. Taylor quickly grabbed Max's shirt so he wouldn't run away like always whenever Charles was around. "Oh hey Charles"

"Hi" Max did a small awkward wave as he always felt uncomfortable with-anybody really.

Charles smiled ignoring the awkward silence, "Me and the other guys will be going karting, we each called you but you didn't pick up the phone"

Unfortunately Hayes took away her phone during one training session while she was still back in Monaco. Lately she became obsessed with reading comments about herself on Twitter or Instagram and no matter what the comment said about her, she became more anxious about anything regarding her job.

"Max go can come as well, if you want of course" Charles quickly said once Taylor didn't reply him.

Well that was weird. Now they are being kind enough to invite Max, it seemed fishy. But once she saw Max was about to reply for her, with a very disgusted face may she add, Taylor was quick on opening her mouth, "Yeah sure, we'll go," She said, ignoring the glares Max instantly sent her, "Just text Max the address and we'll be there"

"Cool" with a final smile Charles left once again.

Taylor was quick on pulling Max by the arm towards the Red Bull hospitality before any fan could come closer to them, "Why-just why Gigi" he groaned in exasperation.

"Because you have to make more friends"

"I'm not here to make friends, I don't need them"

"It wouldn't kill to have a little bit of fun Maxie" Taylor said as she opened the door to the building, instantly being hit by a cold wave of the air conditioning,"Besides, they are all too scared of you to even make proper conversation"

"Even worse"

"Let's just hope Lando is going so you can have your dearest best friend by your side"

"Or more like you want him at your side" He teased.

Taylor stopped smiling at him, her green staring right back at him with such intensity he had to break eye contact, "Now now Max, we don't go saying that out loud, do we?"

"You didn't deny it"

"Because there's no need in hiding the obvious truth"