[ 38 ]

Oh to be a little bumblebee sitting on a dandelion.

Taylor stared at the side of the track while waiting for instructions from the pit wall. Apparently someone went off track and as always the mess of the FIA only told drivers to stop where they were instead of yellow flags and wait for instructions.

Her bets are on Caroline, she wasn't doing good during the first practice. But then again Mazepin exists, and just the thought about him being in the same place as her disgusted her.

"Was it Caroline?"

"No... it was Russell"

George? The Russell George spun? It's rare to see a Mercedes spinning but it seems like this season they will struggle.

Turning off the radio Taylor starts humming to herself and soon enough they were allowed to start the car practice.

Whenever she's driving the car is as if the world stops and it's only her. None of her intrusive thoughts could manage to pull her away from her and the car.

So when Taylor had a collision with a McLaren during a fast lap she thought her world was over.

Call her dramatic or whatever, but is odd for her to crash. She does it rarely, only once or twice something has happened to her so her only thought at the moment was to blame the other car.

Taylor waited for Caroline to leave the car, to make fun of her inside her mind and see her walk of shame back to the paddock. But she was surprised when instead of a girl a very recognizable helmet walked off the McLaren car.

Lando.

Taylor had no idea what just happened, and as expected they were called to the stewards. From the track all the way to the FIA building they stayed silent, neither saying a single word in case one would burst their anger.

"It was his fault"

"It was her fault"

They both say once they have sat down in the room.

Lando and Taylor turn to each other, their eyes already saying everything... traitor.

An hour could have gone by in which they replayed the video of their collision about a thousand times, by now Taylor knows it by heart.

The worst of all? They came to the conclusion that it was just a simple driving incident.

Yeah well, nothing major happened to their cars, they just happened to touch and spin onto the gravel, but still, in Taylor's mind it was all Lando's fault.

As they leave the room Lando slowly leans closer to her, "Have you always been this insolent?" He queried.

"Have you always been such an arrogant prat?"  

He turns his sharp gaze to her in astonishment before backing down and rolling his eyes.

The sight of him expressing an emotion that wasn't a full scorn for the past hour almost made her laugh in utter surprise.

But what surprises her the most was a badly hidden smile growing on his handsome face as he moves further away, and she could have sworn she saw him quietly laughing out of the corner of her eye.

"Oh Lando! I was so worried about you" A voice suddenly says coming closer to them, a pair of arms and blond hair hugging Lando by the waist. "It looked like such a nasty crash"

He only smiles awkwardly, patting Caroline on the head before taking her off him. "I'm alright"

Well, this social situation isn't going to be way she acted it in the shower. Taylor thought that by the next time she interacts with Caroline they would get along, after all two girls in a motorsport would supposedly be friends but how wrong she was.

Caroline make sure to send her a nasty look, staring at her as if she was scum.

Taylor only walked away not even sparing a glance at Lando, her mind and heart felt heavy to the point she feels emotionally too drained to even talk.

Talking to the media felt like it lasted a lifetime, the same questions thrown at her about ten times before she finally snapped and decided to just leave, leaving Stella behind with a laughing Daniel about the situation.

Was she overreacting about everything? Or is she just overwhelmed with everything going on at the moment.

But let's talk about how hard it is to open to someone about being sad for no reason. How hard it is to explain to family and friends that you have a heavy feeling in your chest for no reason. Or how hard it is to understand why you're having a panic attack while just taking a walk.

Ironically, when we start to get better we also often get sad because we realize how much we've missed out on, how badly certain people failed us and what the younger version of us actually deserved.

And now she's only realizing how wrong she is about Lando. He has failed her countless of times sorely because he played with her heart. He played around with her feelings and only looking for her when needed.

Taylor doesn't know if it was the anger of today, the frustration that the car isn't working for her, how much she's missing her family or Max by her side in the team, but it all bottled up in just one afternoon.

Taylor didn't waste any time on looking for Lando at the paddock.

"I can't anymore—" was the first thing she said when she saw him. "—it's all too much... I'm so overwhelmed with everything and — and" her tears clouded her eyes, her voice breaking by the second, "I don't trust you"

"Hey, hey— what's wrong, love? What's going on" Lando softly asks coming closer to her, his hands going to her face to wipe away her tears. "Are you having an episode right now? Have you taken your medication lately?" Question after question poured out of his mouth as he worries more about her.

Just when he thought she was getting better everything crumbles once again.

"Taylor, look at me" he didn't intend it to come out so strong, her crying only got worse at hearing someone speaking to her so harshly.

Her legs and arms felt dumb and her chest heavy as she tries to dig her nails in her palms to feel something, feel she's alive.

"I don't trust you!" She shouted. "You lie to me and only used me—you... you don't love me" Taylor pushed away his hands, backing away."I suppose we aren't meant for each other after all" She shouted holding back the incoming tears.

It broke his heart. Was this an anxiety episode of hers or is she actually speaking the truth. But with how distant she's been lately, Lando didn't waste anytime on answering her with equal hatred. "Yeah... I suppose we aren't" he responded coldly, keeping his eyes trained on the ground.

Oh how wrong they were. For she believed she was incapable of love and he let her think such nonsense.

And it all it started with a thought that cold night, believing Lando has it under control.

One drink never hurt nobody.

One drink turned into two. And then three and four. Losing track of time as his sanity slips from his hands.

He had it under control. Even when he sat back watching his life flash by his eyes. He thought he had it under control.