[ 22 ]

They say a broken heart is the most difficult thing in this world to repair, even more so when it was an almost love. An almost something that was never enough.

We yearn for connection, yet isolate ourselves. We seek love, but fear loss. We dream for somebody, instead of trying for today. The world is made up of both beauty and brokenness. The problem is how overwhelming it all seems, but change is made up of small moments. Change happens when we have been hurt, but choose not to act from our hurt. Change happens when we see someone who seems upset, and ask how we can support them. Change happens when we don't pretend to have all answers, but are willing to ask the uncomfortable questions. The truth is, if we knew the whole story behind everyone's actions, we would see why they are the way they are. And it doesn't excuse it, but compassion is the birthplace of change.

-Allie Michelle.

The best love is unexpected. You don't just pick someone and cross your fingers it will work out. You meet them by fate and it's an instant connection, and the chemistry share is way above your head. You just talk and notice the way their lips curve when they smile or the color of their eyes and all at once you know you're either lucky or screwed. Maybe it won't matter in thirty years; maybe Lando won't even remember her name. But right now, in this very moment, it matters and it freaking hurts- and he's still trying to be okay with that.

The days leading up to the next Grand Prix seemed eternal. He barely ate or even left his computer, only playing games nonstop to the point his mother had to physically drag him out of the room to finally do something other than staring at a computer.

Lando Norris was a coward, or that's what he constantly tells himself. He wasn't one to stand up for himself, or to fight for what he wanted. And that was clearly proven once he had the courage to confess his feelings to the girl he likes, but runs away from the situation and not speaking about it ever since. Lando was more on the shy side, he preferred to stay low, not dragging attention to him. He wasn't the all too great or the funny driver everybody seemed to take him for, he knew how to enjoy moments that's for sure, though he did take his job very seriously when it was needed. Lando Norris got into Formula One out of pure luck and money, or at least that's what the rumors say, and so, even himself was starting to believe them.

It all started with media day, as Lando realized only a few points were stopping him from competing for the championship. If Lando happened to fall back from the three others, his dream of winning the championship would be gone just like the years before and it would only stand between Ricciardo, Verstappen and Vettel.

Although he told himself he could do it. Score a position in this race that will help him secure at least a p3 in the standings, he deep down felt like he wasn't capable of doing so.

His worst trait? Not being confident enough, he didn't believe in himself.

Then race day came, he could feel the nerves crippling inside his body as he adjusted his helmet on before going to the car. His hands were trembling as he gripped the steering wheel hard. Next to him was Taylor in p2, while behind he had Daniel Ricciardo for company, and at the end of the day your biggest competition had to be your teammate.

The warm up lap seemed to last for a decade, until soon enough he was waiting for the lights to go off so he could just pull away and win the race as expected with his pole position.

But that didn't happen.

Lando stepped on the throttle, his car speeding away on the remaining of the straight until he had to brake for turn one, he saw Taylor's car right next to him, and to his left he saw Max's car as well. He turned with ease as he still had the lead, but It all went by fast as he was suddenly on the gravel by the exit of turn one.