[ 45 ]

"Oh yeah really witty. Terribly funny" Taylor shouts at nothing at all, the echo coming back to them, "God this place has gone to the dogs"

"Would you stop complaining and act like a pretty barbie doll who shuts the fuck up?" Charles yells back from all the way down the parking lot.

"Dude... that was uncalled for" Taylor stops as she stares at the back of Charles walking figure, the expensive suit that clearly doesn't fits him moving with each step he took. She fought with him endlessly before leaving her apartment because he refused to change, and although the suit does look tight and uncomfortable Taylor must admit it makes him look good.

"And stop quoting Harry Potter, it's annoying"

"That's the whole point" she stomps her heels on the ground, crossing her arms like a toddler. "I don't want to go" she murmurs to herself.

And her eyes start to water and that's when she knows she lost it. Hugging herself as she walks towards Charles, who waits patiently for her still not noticing her tear stained cheeks.

It couldn't have been a worse time for the annual Formula One dinner, a pointless event where multiple celebrities and sport figures attend a stupid dinner party. Last year Taylor didn't go, her anxiety was too much to cope to be in a close room with prestigious people an entire night, it really isn't her thing. But Charles has to exist, and without even asking her he went to buy a dress and even hire a makeup artist.

The dress was pretty though, even for a guy like him that rarely knows how to dress himself, Charles definitely knew how to pick. The dark green dress that ends at the heels of her feet makes her look tall and beautiful and with the puppy eyes he asked her to go with him she couldn't tell him no.

Sadly though, the makeup didn't help much, if anything it made her blackeye and swollen cheek even worse so Taylor had no option than to take it off and go bare faced to the dinner.

"Gigi— I... please don't cry" he sweetly says as he brings her closer to him once she stopped in front of him. "You're beautiful no matter what" Charles softly said, his hand cupping her cheek.

"I know" Taylor chuckles as a broken smile appears on her face. "I just don't want to see Lando or Max tonight"

"Which in that case I won't leave your side" he smiles down at her. "Promise" he sticks out his finger so she could intervene them, which she slowly does. "Pinky promise"

Charles doesn't waste any time on pulling her with him, walking to the entrance of the hotel and going to the elevator. Once on the lift Taylor quickly tried to make it seem like she didn't just cry her heart out, but nothing could be done because she still looked red on the face and neck.

Once the doors open Taylor quickly turns her head to Charles, "If you leave me you're dead"

Charles didn't say anything else other than slightly laugh before walking forward.

It was worse than she could imagine. It was terrible. The worst mistake Taylor could have ever done.

It felt like the entire room suddenly shuts up, all eyes on her. And it definitely was because of the state her face is in, and not because she looks breathtaking or anything like that, because she knows she doesn't.

"You look— my God... your face—"

"I know Stella, I've seen myself in a mirror" Taylor pushes her PR away, her hands still going to touch the painful bruise at the side of her face.

"Can you even see property? You can barely open your eye" Stella forcefully moves her head upwards since Taylor is clearly shorter even with heels."Oh honey, you look horrendous"