[ 37 ]

The car just doesn't feel good. Not one bit of it feels comfortable.

It's the Formula One curse, Taylor is sure of it. At least one driver at a team has to suffer and face the terrible consequences of it. Take for instance how Ferrari used to be with Charles and Sebastian, or Max and any other teammate he ever had, or even McLaren or Mercedes. There is always a bad luck coming to either one of the drivers.

Thankfully this year it isn't her who is struggling. Sure, maybe the car doesn't feel at it's best but nothing she can't handle. Daniel on the other hand, isn't too keen on driving that car today.

Lando stands next to Taylor during the national anthem. Both of their eyes dropping with each second and their postures slightly defeated as they battle with sleep. "I think we shouldn't have gone to the movies last night" he whispers closer to her, ignoring her eyes boring holes in his face.

"You think?" She smiles a little."My eyes drop close every time I blink" they both laugh then. "I don't think it's safe for us to drive today"

But Lando ignores her. It's not safe, but they're F1 drivers, the second they sit in that car their body wakes up. "Whoever gets a higher position today doesn't have to pay for dinner tonight"

"Have you suddenly gone poor or something?"

"I never said I was wealthy"

"Oh please c'mon, you're worth more than half of the grid now"

Lando was about to reply, about to say how wrong she is and how he tries to stay humble, plus it never killed anybody for the girl to invite the boyfriend.

"Would you two shut up" Suddenly says George, slightly pushing them forward so they could pay attention to the Australian anthem.

Taylor smirks, "Deal"

"I can't believe you lost"

"For one position!" Says Taylor as she laughs. Even if she got fourth place and Lando third, he will never let go of this moment.

She is mad, angry to the point her whole chest and neck turned red when she asked on the radio her final position. Because being a Formula One driver is so much competition she wants to be the best. She needs to be the best.

And when it comes to stupid bets like this one, Taylor wants to win in every single one of them.

"Whatever" he dismissed, playfully shoving her shoulder."I'll make sure to order the most expensive food"

"I hate you" Taylor huffed crossing her arms.

"I love you too"

Her heart swelled with love while her legs felt heavy standing in the middle of the paddock. Lando gives her a boyish smile, finding it adorable how she becomes all flustered whenever he says those words.

"I won't say it back just this time" she slowly walks away heading towards the Red Bull facility, Stella trailing behind her.

The briefing of the race wasn't so bad. Their focus was sorely on Daniel who seemed to struggle with the break pedals the entire race so basically she was forgotten for the two hours she was in that room.

But her happiness doesn't last for much long.

Taylor knows there's nothing to worry about. Lando loves her, and Max is after Caroline so there's no point in dwelling in what isn't real.

But damn she hates social media so much.

While she waits for Lando to finish his race briefing Taylor mindlessly scrolled through Instagram when she came across a picture she wanted to burn and never see again. Caroline was clinging to his arm as they both smile at each other.

She places her phone aside, taking a big breath trying to calm down. It's dumb, and stupid to even be jealous about a picture. She shouldn't be, she trusts Lando.

And due to this foolish thought staying at the back of her mind, she isn't fully present while she went out to eat with Lando.

Taylor tried to enjoy their night out, listening to what he had to say about his race or the running thoughts he said, she really tried. But the constant thought of losing Lando kept coming back almost always.

Lando didn't notice, or at least that's what she thought because he seemed to happily talk to her or ask her questions.

They walked silently back to the hotel, their hands swaying back and forth playfully. By the time Lando stopped by her hotel room it was 1am, the long day they had already weighing down on their shoulders, eyes dropping with sleep.

"Thank you for taking me out" she said, softly smiling up at him.

Lando nods, frowning as he looks at her face. Only now noticing how spaced out she was the entire night.

He quickly took out his wallet and pushed money on her hand. "Sorry for making you pay today"

She laughs, hiding her hands behind her back trying to not take his money. "It's okay I don't mind. Seriously Lando don't" she said more harshly as she tries to avoid his money.

His smile slowly fades away, something didn't feel right today and Lando had no clue as to why.

He slowly pushed her against the wall, his hand gripping her neck softly as he studies her green eyes with curiously. "Have I ever told you how incredibly annoying you are?" He whispers. His lips slowly pushing against her collarbone, smelling her sweet scent.

"I don't think so...no" Taylor inhales sharply, containing from running her hands through his hair.

His eyes studied her for a moment. Their noses almost touching as they both take in their closeness. "You will accept the money and that's the end"

"No."

His hand turned into a fist on the wall behind her while the other softly grabbed her neck again. "Love—just take the damn money" he grumbled, getting annoyed with her behavior.

"What if I don't?" Taylor challenged. "I won't take it. End of story"

He clenched his jaw, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he gulped. "Just shut up"

Lando closed his eyes, placing his hands on her waist. Taylor studies him, leaning closer to Lando and breathed in deeply. She felt alight whenever he touched her; it was an inexplainable feeling.

It felt so long since the last time they properly kissed.

He pressed his lips against hers, not wasting any time on grabbing her hips pushing her body closer to him. Every inch of her skin screamed and burned with desire for him. He kissed her more deeply.

Taylor softly moaned, leaning her head on the wall behind her and curled her fingers in his soft hair. He growled against her neck in return as he placed slow teasing kisses. Every curvature of her body was pressing against his, she could feel his heart hammering inside his chest and his erratic breathing against her cheeks. He was warm and his touch felt inviting. Lando grabbed her thighs, pushing her into the wall as he continued to assault her mouth with debauched kisses.

They suddenly stop as they hear a door opening and then closing. Taylor smiling a little as she scratches the back of his hair.

"Dammit" he said against her lips, biting them teasingly as he slid his hand up and down her skin. She felt so soft and warm underneath him. He craves that feeling, he missed that feeling.

"I'm... actually really tired" she giggled once Lando groaned.

"It's okay. I respect that" He nods, slowly stepping back from her. "Love you" he places a sloppy kiss on her cheek before he starts to walk away. "I'll get revenge soon"

"I love you too" Taylor chuckles blushing, proceeding to struggle to insert the key on the door out of pure nerves and ecstasy.