[ 15 ]

Lando couldn't understand how she was glowing, she literally was glowing under the sunlight. Her hair looking so smooth and a lighter color and he was sure her eyes were bright with a beautiful smile on her face. The only thing Lando could do was grin and look away because otherwise it would be suspicious to stay staring at her with so many cameras around.

"Don't try to play it off mate, it was painfully obvious" Carlos says as he stood next to him during the driver's parade. Lando sent a death glare his way, was it that really obvious? Now he was starting to worry. "Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Have you found a new seat for next year?" Lando shot back at his old teammate, annoyed he was bringing up his personal life.

Carlos huffed at him, "And who says I haven't?"

Lando raised one eyebrow, or at least tried to, and stared at Carlos. It was known around that Ferrari, as expected, treated Carlos horribly and once Mick Schumacher was ready for the Ferrari seat they would throw Carlos away. He did have a few great moments and wins with the team, but it wasn't enough to fulfill the Ferrari dream Carlos wanted.

"Did you get the Ashton Martin seat?"

"Maybe"

"Or the Mercedes?"

"Could be"

"What about coming back to McLaren?"

Carlos instantly shot his head up as he stared at Lando, "There's an open seat at McLaren?"

"I don't know. But there are rumors going around that Daniel is leaving" He hinted at Carlos, he saw his eyes sparkling once he realized there still could be a possibility for him to get back to his old team, "That's all I'm saying"

"Mate-"

"No I'm not telling you Carlos" Lando snapped at him, "It's your fault for leaving me all alone all those years ago"

Carlos rolled his eyes at the literal drama queen Lando has become thanks to Daniel. "Still salty about it?"

"Always" his eyes unconsciously darted towards Taylor once more, she was speaking with Charles this time and he felt his blood boil at the both of them together.

"Are you even listening?" Carlos asked him, snapping his fingers in front of Lando to get his attention.

"Yes, it just takes me a while to process so much stupid at once"

Surprisingly Lando turned out more similar to Daniel Ricciardo than Carlos expected, on one side Lando was shy and it took a while for him to open up, meanwhile Ricciardo was just always hype. One thing Carlos was secretly thankful for was the ability of Daniel to always keep Lando in a good mood, something he definitely needed. "What are you thinking about?"

"I regret a lot of things," Lando started, he loved teasing his old teammate."And having this conversation tops the list"

Carlos shoved him away as they both giggle. Lando had to admit he sometimes misses him in the team, Daniel could be great company but their rivalry gets the best of them sometimes, creating a tense environment with the team.

"Do you remember Nikita Mazepin?" Mick asked Taylor and Robert when he came closer to them as they were walking through the paddock after the driver's parade.

"Humpty Dumpty?"

"Egghead?"

Taylor and Robert said at the same time, remembering the driver that somehow had a seat at Haas not long ago.

"Or the guy that once stole my seat?" Callum chimed in the conversation, walking along with them.

"Yes that one," chuckled Mick, "He texted me yesterday."