[ 44 ]

Mature sexual content

Taylor doesn't move. At all.

All her focus is on her eye and how much it was starting to hurt.

But having Lando in front of her got her at loss of words and to say she was shocked is the least.

"You didn't answer my calls or texts" he said once he sat beside her. His scent filled her mind, drowsiness combined with the happy memories instantly comes to her mind.

"I was ignoring you" Taylor softly says, cautiously making eye contact with him.

The words stung Lando, pretending not to care about what she said he occupied his mind by observing two kids playing tag around the place.

"I'm sorry"

"I know"

Not even the first time they met was this awkward. They have always gone along with each other; with Taylor's chill personality and Lando's goofy one they never had a problem.

"Your face... does it hurt a lot?"

"You don't get to come here and pretend everything is okay" she finally breaks, turning her whole body to see him better. He was tired, and tousled hair made her want to hug him but at the same time push him down a cliff. She wanted to hate him. Every fiber inside of her pleaded her to avoid him at any cost, to roll her eyes at his kind words and not dare smile as he spoke.

Yet, his presence caused her to be impulsive, to not think clearly and that's where the line for her hatred towards him blurred.

Taylor stood up since Lando didn't say anything, his indifference towards her killing her on the inside. Without a second thought she started to walk away and when she heard his long strides behind her, she couldn't help but huff.

The short walk to her grandparents house became an eternity.

When they finally walked inside the house she read a small note saying how they both were out grocery shopping.

Taylor turned back to him. Staring at him as he looks around the place, taking his time on looking at pictures from when she was younger.

"Lando"

His name felt weird coming out of her mouth, rolling out of her tongue without any emotion at all.

"You have to let me go" by her words spoken he faces her, eyes darkening and fists clenching and unclenching in anger. "You have to let me, let you go. I need you to do that for me"

Three long strides and her back is gently pressed to the wall, his body against her.

"I can't let you go" he whispers. "You are everything to me"

Ever since they started dating, it became so easy to read Lando like an open book, he bleeds emotions with every action he ever does. But right now, his eyes are a cloudy mess and his face a contortion of nothing at all.

"We can't keep going like this" she whispered. "It's not right—it's not how love is supposed to be like"

"We—I... I can't let you go. I don't want to let you go" Lando slowly closes his eyes. "You're my everything"