[ 19 ]

"You like pineapple on pizza!?" Asked Taylor, her eyes widened in surprise at George.

"Yeah"

"So do I!" She beamed at him, her excitement obvious.

"Gross, honestly you two don't deserve to have opinions" Lando spoke next, ruining the small moment they were having with a harsh tone of voice.

But he couldn't be jealous, his girlfriend was sitting right next to him.

It was the week following the Grand Prix in the Netherlands. Lando suggested for the both of them going out to eat dinner, which she was really excited for but it ended up being so awkward, as it wasn't only Lando and her but Sara and George as well. Sara kept on trying to feed Lando and only making conversation with him, completely ignoring Taylor and George.

George and her instead had fun with each other, laughing at everything and anything, deciding to ignore the couple when it was necessary.

She had to admit it broke her heart when it wasn't only her and Lando, but she understood Lando had a girlfriend he loves very much.

"This date was fun"  said George once they were walking back to their hotels. Lando and Sara behind them in their own little conversation, although Lando's eyes were piercing the back of Taylor's head.

"It's not a double date Gorgeous, we're just third and fourth wheeling" she replied with the nickname she gave him.

"Nice way of brushing me off" he chuckled, looking down at her.

Taylor laughed a little as well, but then after a thought or two she placed the pieces together and turned to George with a scared look on her face, "Wait wait, what? So this was actually a double date?"

"I mean—only if you want to"

"Why does this happen to me" she groaned, sighting as she stared at her walking feet. "Do you have a crush on me George?" Taylor sighted, why this kept on happening to her? Never in her life a guy saw her as more than a friend, yet all of a sudden this guys seemed to have crushes on her, which she hated herself for the situation she happened to be in.

"Maybe?" He grinned at her.

"Why is it with F1 drivers liking me that way! What have I done? I'm not even that good looking and I'm so shy half of you barely know me" she said, frustration in her voice as she ran a hand through her hair.

George frowned at this, in his eyes she was beautiful and had a great personality, it confused him even more to see how insecure she was. "I'm sorry to tell you this Gigi, but you're awesome"

"That's nice but also not true" she said.

A small comfortable silence took over their conversation, only listening how Sara laughed at something Lando said from behind them, "So you don't like me back?" He asked, although he didn't sound sad at all, instead he looked happy about it.

"No, I'm so sorry George" murmured Taylor, she in fact was the one feeling sad about it, rejecting a guy was never easy, no matter who it was.

"Ah it's alright, saw it coming though. It's not like I'm completely in love with you, I just have a stupid crush— it will probably be gone by the next month"

"Sorry"

"Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong" he reassured her, seeing how thoughts clouded her mind. Somehow Sara and Lando walked in front of them since George and Taylor walked a little slower than before. "So, who has the pleasure of clouding your mind young lady?"