[ 41 ]

By now you should know this book is all into mazepin slander so if you don't like it then don't read or leave comments saying to give him a break.

"So you both broke up?" Max asked with a little too much enthusiasm, his blue eyes lighting up.

Taylor, like the clueless she is, did not notice this. "No— I don't think so. We're just not talking to each other." She explains.

The constant feeling of people looking at her came back, the way everybody at the paddock feel like they are digging holes in her skin came back. Unfortunately, Max never understood social anxiety, but why would he when Max himself refuses to acknowledge the emotional trauma he carries with himself from his childhood? So when he dragged Taylor out of her drivers room stating how a little sun would do good on her pale face Taylor couldn't protest much.

"It's hard to explain... but everything is my fault"

"Don't say that, Gigi. It was probably the both of you"

The little smile making itself present on his face didn't go unnoticed by Taylor this time. He looks far too happy for someone like him, to which Taylor narrowed her eyes studying his behavior.

Caroline walks by when silence took over their conversation. She waved at them before walking along as she stares at her phone. To be honest Taylor sometimes forgets she's there, but that's good in Taylor's opinion.

"How's things with her coming along?" She asks Max when the question popped up in her mind.

"I'm not that interested anyways" he shrugs, "She's not my type"

Taylor smiles, finding amusing how he wants to dismiss the topic. Only reasonable things to do? Push him harder. "What's your type then?"

"Dark hair, bright eyes... I don't know— funny?"

"So basically me?" She laughs out loud, ignoring how Max just stayed deadpanned. When it did get to her how he didn't even crack a smile she swallows her own,"I'm just joking, Max"

His sudden seriousness concerns her, one minute he was fine and the next he seems like he doesn't wants to be with her. At least he could hide it to not hurt her feelings.

From the corner of her eyes she sees how Lando walks towards them, a slightly embarrassed expression on his face.

Taylor acts quick, moving closer to Max who was sitting beside her, and placing her hand on his shoulder she sweetly smiles at him. It was almost instant how Lando quickly retracted, his face falling as he started to nervously play with his fingers, walking away before he could see anything.

Taylor sighs in relief, moving away from Max. Ignoring the way he looked at her.

Three hearts broken in a matter of seconds wasn't something to be proud of.

"Did you hear?" Daniel asks laughing as he walks closer, pulling a chair so he can sit at their table.

"Your annoying ass coming our way? Yes" Taylor replies.

"No. Charles took the wrong plane" the wheeze that came after he said that was all it took for Taylor to burst out laughing.

"How!?"

"You know Charles, he shares one brain cell with his brother"

It felt like forever before Daniel and Taylor could come down from their fit of laughter, tears falling down their cheeks. Taylor mostly laughed at Daniel's laugher, hearing his giggles made her lose it.

Max on the other hand didn't even smile. Which is so weird, bringing a frown to her face as she tried to keep a conversation with Daniel, soon it got easier as George joined them.