[ 46 ]

Days had gone by in which Taylor only worked out. She passed time by reading, trying to cook or facetiming her family almost every single hour.

Charles went out on runs with her almost every single day but she couldn't really keep up with him since strong headaches would start to form due to her eye. She was still in pain most of the time but nothing a few painkillers a day wouldn't help.

She didn't hear anything from Max until the last day before she leaves to the next race. He came knocking on the door like a mad man screaming for her to open up.

"The fuck is wrong with you" she asked while she opened the door, seeing Max standing there carrying a bag. "I don't hear from you in days and you come here knocking like you're about to murder me"

"Sorry?" He smiles. "You're the one carrying a knife"

"Come in." she sighs opening the door wider for him to walk inside. "I was trying to cut strawberries but it clearly didn't work"

Without questioning Max grabs the knife from her, moving to cut the fruit Taylor was miserably massacring. "How are you?"

"Could be better" Taylor sits on the counter, grabbing a bag of frozen beans to press against her eye and cheek. "My head is killing me though"

Max frowns to himself, still refusing to make eye contact with her as he focused on cutting. "You should get that check out, Gigi."

"Nothing's wrong with me" she mutters, tired of hearing that from Charles, her family and even Stella. "You didn't answer any of my calls"

"I was busy" he murmurs.

"Avoiding me?" Taylor asked, anger obviously showing in her voice before she huffs. "Max, listen— I... don't want things to be awkward. I genuinely love our friendship and I don't want to lose you." She explains, ignoring how Max slowly grows aggressive with the cutting. "If you need time away from me just tell me, or if you want to stop being friends I understand but please tell me so I can stop doing whatever bothers you"

He drops the knife with a hard thud, breathing heavily before turning to her. "Taylor please stop..."

But she ignores him. Dropping the bag of beans she starts to ramble once again."I know you Max. You struggle to open up and I know how hard it is for you to—"

He kissed her. Hand going to her cheek while the other grabs her waist pulling her closer, her mere scent driving him crazy.

Before she could even react Max is the first one to pull away. Taylor's green eyes wide in surprise, the headache no longer being her priority.

"I just came to tell you—" Max stops, heart racing a million times per second at seeing her astonished eyes. Taylor can't believe he did that, again, she honestly wants to cry it all until she forgets. "Look, I know you don't like me that way. But- we can try. I'll give you everything, I'll do anything. I- I" at seeing her head shaking Max quickly went on to get the bag he brought with himself. "I brought you this. You told Charles you've been having trouble falling asleep, this will help you"

"Max..." inside there is a small bottle of melatonin pills. In unicorn shapes. How
sweet. "I'm sorry. I really am. But I don't see you that way. I'm sorry if you mistook our friendship for something else" she spoke in a soft voice, afraid Max would react a certain way.

"It's okay"

Max slowly moves away from her, walking immediately to the door.

"I feel so bad, I..." Taylor follows after him. "Maybe some other time or- or- we can
talk. But now... I am sorry" she desperately tries for him to turn back, voice breaking in between.