[ 20 ]

It happened again, for what felt like the thousand time this weekend, the anxiety crippling inside her body running up and down, her legs shaking and her chest shivering with rapid breaths as she tried to take in the oxygen she could, but even as much as she tried to breath nothing was helping.

She couldn't deal with this attacks by herself anymore. Taylor once and for all decided to call her mother to spill everything that was happening to her, but once the phone was in her hand she couldn't get herself to speak properly to the point she just hang up.

The race in Italy wasn't what she was expecting coming from the high the Netherlands race was like, this one was horrible due to Carlos Sainz crashing into her by the first corner. Although it clearly wasn't her fault, her team made it seem like it was, which brought her to another anxiety state after the briefing.

She constantly wonders why the strong mind she used to have is gone, she could no longer hold one single good thought about herself, in any way, always holding a grudge against herself. Nothing she did helped with the situation, every time she seeked out for help, her mind went blank and all her bad thoughts were suddenly gone as if nothing wrong ever happened.

But she had to quickly compose herself because a briefing with all the drivers was needed after the race, which Taylor had no idea for what it exactly was for. She left her room with bloodshot eyes and a huge hoodie that was able to hide how broken and swollen her left hand had become, considering she just damaged it even more, it was needed to hide what she had done to her hand.

All through the meeting she went by in autopilot mode, only pretending to listen when Max said a few comments here and there to her. She could feel multiple eyes staring at her, but at this point she could care less what this drivers had to say about her, it was more important to not beat Max in any race rather than paying attention to who was looking at her.

Max tried to ask her what was wrong, only for her to brush him off and walk away the minute she was able to leave the room.

Taylor couldn't take her own thoughts anymore, their screams and yelling at her impregnated in her mind each time she made a new step. And without thinking she ran to the McLaren facility, entering without a care in the world and heading straight to what she guessed was Lando's room, waiting for him as she sat on a chair.

A good few minutes went by before she saw Lando coming through the door, slamming it behind him. She watched as he took off his shirt without noticing Taylor was sitting right there.

A huge purple bruise was across his sternum and chest, such a deep purple it almost looked black, with yellow and green around the edges. That's why Lando seemed to be walking with such difficulty this past few days, the bruise didn't look any good, at all. Taylor worried for him and with widened eyes she spoke, surprising him, "You told me you were okay"

Lando let out a little yelp as he looked up to Taylor, grabbing his shirt once again and trying to hide his chest. "For how long have you been covering this" she came closer to him, only for Lando to back away, "Who did this to you?"

Taylor asked with such love and concern in her voice that Lando felt like breaking down crying right there, a few tears built in his eyes as he quickly blinked trying to make them disappear. He was in such pain he couldn't even properly speak or move, and driving the car this weekend killed him even more.

Taylor could no longer think about her problems, as Lando in front of her looked more broken and indeed needed more help than she did.

"I didn't think it was that bad"