Chapter 7

Sorry it's been a while; Christmas has been so busy!!

It's a short chapter but it's worth it.. And yes, you'll be left on tenter hooks AGAIN!! ;)

75 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!

Quick game for you..

I would love for you to guess what Deacon has planned??

Best idea AND closest answer will both get a mention in the next chapter!!!

You have until 2nd Jan 2013.. 7pm UK Time.

Can't wait to read your answers!!

Chapter 7

Bells, Whistles and Betrayal (part 1)

Deacon POV

Twenty minutes to go.

I have planned the date of all dates.

Night of all nights.

A night Virginia will never forget!

Dec can go to hell if he thinks I'm gonna lie down and let him win.

I'm going to win.

Whether there are rules or not, I'm going to do anything get the girl.

Rules shmules!

Fuck them.

My happiness means more than my brother.

Why have I changed my mind?

Why am I acting like a douche?

Because I'm pissed off!

So fucking pissed off.

I had overheard my parents talking..

*flashback*

"I don't know Holden. This doesn't seem right. We should trust them. They've been dating for god knows how long! She wouldn't have cheated." My mother rationalised.

Dating? Cheated?

Huh?

"You say that, but this child could be our future Alpha. We have to know for sure. Or at least get Bethany seen by the pack doctor? He will be able to tell if the child is Alpha blood." Dad sighs from the other side of the door, "for our pack's safety, we need to get a DNA test done. It wouldn't be fair on Deacon if the child turns out not to be his. There have been too many rumours. Declan has been hearing them from all his friends."

Bethany?

Cheated?

On?

Me?

Declan knew?

DNA test?

I feel my heart tear as I take the news in.

My long term girlfriend might've cheated on me.

There's no smoke without fire.

There are no rumours without a reason.

****

After that awful scene, I ran round to Bethany's house- literally ran, and banged on the door repeatedly until she answered.

"Is this baby mine?" I snap immediately; word vomit exiting my mouth at record speed, "did you cheat on me?"

I watch in pain as Bethany's face turns pale, her eyes widen and her jaw drops.

"I- I- I don't know." She whispers.

My wolf growls in anger, and I just stand there gawping in shock,

"You. Don't. Know?" I hiss, "either you cheated or you didnt."

The answer was not one I wanted to hear. The answer caused me physical pain. I felt as though I might cry.

"I did cheat." Bethany whispers.

"Who?"

"I- I- err.. A few guys."

My knees shake, pins and needles reverberates through my legs and I shiver as an involuntarily cold takes over.

"How many?" I force myself to ask, "when?"

"Since we started. Several Deac. It won't change what I did. I am so sorry. I just couldn't say no."

What the fuck?

That is not an excuse!

"So what's the chance of the baby being mine?"

Bethany shrugs her shoulders with a pained look.

She doesn't know?

"Why the fuck did you tell me the baby was mine then? How shitting heartless can you get? You whore!" I scream in her face, before turning and running away.

I am fuming!

*End of flashback*

My beautiful Bethany.. My gorgeous, perfect, loving Bethany has become a stranger.

That child forming.. Growing in her stomach might not be mine?!

So instead of the pity party I was going on, I've decided to work my butt off to get Virginia.

Use whatever charms, sexual tension and chemistry we poses to my advantage.

I lost one of my loves, I won't lose the other!

Fuck Declan.

Fuck family.

Fuck rules.

Fuck expectations.

Fuck my pack.

Fuck me!

"Alright Dad. I'm fine. Don't worry! I have to do this. It's only fair.." I hear a mumbled one sided conversation wafting in from my open bedroom window.

That beautiful, melodic voice..

Virginia.

It's time!

"Thank you Daddy. I will call you if I need you. Love you too." An exasperated sigh follows the end of the conversation; I stand, take one last look in the mirror, grab the bouquet of white lilies and rush downstairs, taking two at a time in giant leaps.

I will make Virginia fall in love with me!

I will make her want me.

I will win.

Declan will lose this war.

Virginia is mine!

Yes I'm a bastard, but I'm the Alpha and I WILL get what I want!

I ALWAYS get what I want!

Fuck everyone else