Chapter 26

This is a heartbreaking chapter to write but I felt it was due; so many people have said nasty words about Bethany so I thought this would even the playing field a little.

Look at it from her side again; see the pain and upheivel she's suffering at this point.

It's time people saw Bethany as someone other than the villain. 

I CHANGED THE COVER RECENTLY, BUT I'M LOOKING FOR A FAN MADE COVER.

(LIKE I DID WITH MY DOM OR MY MATE)

PLEASE EMAIL IN YOUR COVER IDEAS TO...

jazzi_fizzle@hotmail.co.uk

THE COVER WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE 1ST AUGUST. 

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WATTPAD NAME IN YOUR EMAILS; YOUR NAME WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CHAPTER I POST AFTER THE COVER IS CHANGED AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A DEDICATION.

GET THEM IN GUYS!! :D

Chapter 26

Departed

Deacon POV

That was awful; I hated being here…

That man tried to kill me, but what was worse, the part that really took the biscuit was how this was affected Virginia. I could handle my hatred, my anger but for her, this wasn’t just those two insignificant emotions; this was the death of her father. This was the end of their relationship.

My mate had just lost her father; nobody deserves to lose their parent so young.

Part of me wanted to run up there and kill him myself, but the stronger part, the loving part wanted to end this and punish Jackson in another way; give Virginia the out she needed… but I just couldn’t do it. For my pack, he needed to die.

For me to give him a chance could endanger the entire pack; that would be selfish. I had to let this happen- it wasn’t my place to make decisions of such magnitude.

As soon as Jackson’s head rolled into the weave basket, Virginia gave a few minutes to recover, recoiling into Declan’s embrace, and then suddenly taking off through the crowds, removing her clothes as she went.

I would’ve spared a minute to gaze upon her beauty but I couldn’t; Virginia had already asked me about Bethany and I hadn’t had a reply- I knew where she was headed.

Something about a gut instinct something was wrong. I had to follow Virginia’s instinct, and started to follow with Declan on my tail as we shifted and caught up with our mate.

'It’s me, don’t worry. ‘ I announced through our link, 'what’s going on? '

'I think its Bethany. I don’t know but something isn’t right. We have to get back. ' Her tone was laced with concern, an underlining of panic.

'Ok, let’s go! ' I agreed, and picked up the pace; we could hear Bethany’s screams as we entered the back garden to our house.

Somehow Virginia knew; and for that I was grateful.

Was my son ok? Was Bethany ok? Her mother?

I didn’t miss that my son’s health and life came before Bethany’s but didn’t stop to worry about it; the three of us shifted and after donning our clothes, rushed inside.

The sight before us was heartbreaking;

Mum was stood, trying to hold the very pregnant Bethany back from the limp and blue frame of her mother in the armchair; she had passed- that much was obvious.