Chapter 22

My next update is done. :)

I hope you like.

I'm quite excited for the next few chapters!!

Please vote and comment!

I CHANGED THE COVER RECENTLY, BUT I'M LOOKING FOR A FAN MADE COVER.

(LIKE I DID WITH MY DOM OR MY MATE)

PLEASE EMAIL IN YOUR COVER IDEAS TO...

jazzi_fizzle@hotmail.co.uk

THE COVER WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE 1ST AUGUST. 

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WATTPAD NAME IN YOUR EMAILS; YOUR NAME WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CHAPTER I POST AFTER THE COVER IS CHANGED AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A DEDICATION.

GET THEM IN GUYS!! :D

Chapter 22

Awkward

 Deacon POV

“You still love her, don’t you? You actually love Bethany? How could you!” The pained exclamations hurt to the depths of my soul.

I don’t want to hurt Virginia; I really really don’t! But I can’t deny these feelings I have for Bethany. She isn’t just my ex, the ex I was with for well over a year, but the mother of my child. The woman bearing my first born son, my pack’s future alpha.

“Virginia, I’m so sorry. I didn’t want you to find out like-“

“No, you mean you just didn’t want me to find out!” Her voice rises to a high pitch, working herself up.

“I didn’t mean it like that! I was going to tell you in the morning. You’re my mate. I love you unconditionally. I know I’ve never said that before, but I do. I do love you. But for some reason- I have no idea why- I do still love Bethany. We were trying to figure out a plan to figure things out.

This hasn’t happened before. Never before have any of our family’s random mate situations been documented before now. We are completely unique and I can’t help that. Please, I beg of you, let us figure this out.

I want to understand why!” My words pour out tenfold.

I am begging with my tone for Virginia to understand.

“I wouldn’t put you or any of my family in this situation if it wasn’t serious.”

I stand there, my family staring, strained at our awkward encounter in silence. For that I am thankful. This is our situation, and only can we deal with this.

“Do you still want to try with me?”

Oh sweetheart… she feels rejected!

“Of course I do. I love you Virginia. I know the situation I’m putting you in isn’t how you pictured your love life with the person you were made for. I hate what I’m putting you and Dec through. I can’t stress how sorry I am, or how much I wish I wasn’t putting this on your shoulders.

I want you, and I need you by my side, but I have to see this through with Bethany too. Maybe, I don’t know, maybe we could come to some arrangement? Like mum did with Dad and Dec’s dad? Maybe that could work? Do you think you could give me the patience and time to work this out?”

I stand stock still as Virginia shuffles closer; huddled in her fluffy white dressing gown and matching slipper booties and wraps her arms around my waist, pulling me into a comforting- really comforting- embrace and sighs, “for you Deacon, yes I will do this. I have Dec to support me after all, don’t I?”