Chapter 27

Firstly, as of today, our cover competition has come to a close.

I received some awesome collages and pictures, but I had to pick one, being Feesafine!

Thank you all for taking the time out and making the designs!

Next, please don’t blame this chapter’s bad quality on me… I haven’t slept but felt the need to update due to the competition close.

Can’t stop rubbing my eyes!!

Chapter 27

Sizzling Fiery Fervour

Declan POV

This week has been… eventful for want of a better word.

The two horrible deaths have been highly traumatic and in turn have shaken the family; so much has happened and so many emotions have wreaked havoc on us.

My mate wasn’t coping as well as she made out with her father’s death, my brother was torn as to whom he should be comforting- Virginia and Adrianna or Bethany, Bethany was a nervous wreck, continuously sobbing at the loss of her mother; mum was worried by the effect her behaviour could be causing the baby, my nephew, and here I was, trying to support and handle everyone’s abrupt mood swings while come to terms with the events myself.

I knew I hadn’t lost someone special to me, but Jackson had been the man I watched torturing my twin, and had been the father of my mate. It was horrible to experience; to watch with my own eyes without knowing what to do or say to anyone. Mrs Foster on the other hand… I was just getting over the fact that Bethany was pregnant with my nephew; in my eyes it made her family, meaning her mum was family.

Surprising myself, I felt bad for Bethany; at least Virginia had us, her mates to support her… Bethany on the other hand, had no real support… deep down I knew the reason why Deac still felt attracted to her, and it wasn’t Bethany he was drawn to, it was his son. So was his wolf- they were just mixed up and couldn’t differentiate between them.

I would confront him soon, but at this point he didn’t need the shit, he was trying to support the two women who needed him; me pushing new information on him could potentially push him over the edge. We couldn’t have Deacon break… especially not now.

I didn’t know what to do right now and wished everything would just ease up for a while! Our family had dealt with too much over the past few months and we all needed, deserved some time to cool off. This just wasn’t pack behaviour in the norm. This was drama.

I didn’t like it.

“Declan, could you take this up to Virginia dear?” Mum’s voice drags me from the blank television screen I’d been staring at for god knows how long, holding a spotty purple mug- the camomile tea my mate was asking for.

I nodded and after receiving the hot beverage, slowly made my way up the stairs towards her room; I’ve been trying so hard to be a good mate for her, supporting her as much as I could to make up for Deac’s neglect. I knew it wasn’t his fault at the moment. I could understand why his time was precious- a broken hearted mate, a broken hearted ex/ woman carrying his baby AND trying to help Holden with pack business and get ready for the role he would be taking over as of our next birthday.

I had to admit I wasn’t sure if I was ready to become Beta but it was the birth right and I was honoured to accept it; I just didn’t think I was best suited for the job. I wasn’t much of a fighter… I worked well with business and the strategizing but not the getting my hands dirty and being put in a stressful situation such as fighting, blood or confrontations. That was obvious when it came to me.