Chapter 36

Well here we go guys. It isnt as good as it could be; kinda rushed it because of all the messages to update but here it is.

Watch out for the twist!!! 

Remember this story is coming to a close very soon. Maybe a few more chapters.

For now, enjoy. xxx

Chapter 36

Regret

Unknown POV

The grin on my face was so wide it became painful. My plan was in motion and I just couldn’t wait! The alpha was going down and nobody would have any clue who ruined his life.

I’m a frickin genius!

I would never get caught, the alpha would have his heart ripped out and most likely lose his life in the process and his brother, his family, the pack would fall… and who would come in and save the day?

Me! Because I’m so god damn awesome.

They would pay for what they did to me, that little bitch would pay and I would get exactly what I want in the end; just like I always do.

~*~

Virginia POV

Something felt different… and not good different, it felt awfully distressing. My wolf was whimpering, my hackles were up and I couldn’t relax. But I couldn’t place my anxiety.

Squeezed in my seat either side of Declan and Deacon eating dinner usually made me feel safe, comfortable but right now I felt nothing but panicked, fearful and completely and utterly alone. Something had to be happening for me to feel so… odd.

“So how was your morning?” Lizzie asked me with a happy smile, spearing a pasta tube with her fork; I don’t get how she always seemed so cheerful. Where did the positivity come from?

“Uneventful,” I replied politely, still feeling uncomfortable. And the conversation died there and then. To be truthful, I didn’t really care if I seemed rude; there was more going on in my brain than a mindless conversation.

Something isn’t right; my wolf started whining again, Deacon… something wrong with Deacon.

What the hell was going on? Why was this happening now?

“WHAT’S GOING ON?” Declan was on his feet in seconds, staring between Deacon and myself, visibly shaking with panicked eyes, “OUT WITH IT!”

The temperature dropped, the room turning utterly silent and all eyes on our dysfunctional threesome, but one set of eyes couldn’t seem to meet mine… Holden looked somewhat ashamed, fearful. I couldn’t understand his expression but I knew it had to be something to do with this worrisome panic inside my chest.

“Come on you two, what is it?” Declan was getting more irate by the minute.

“That’s what I want to know too,” I decided to vocalise my concerns, somehow keeping my wolf steady and my voice low and calm, “my wolf has been in a panic all afternoon. Whatever it is includes Deacon.”

At that, all eyes turned to face the man in question, probing and questioning looks stuck on his nervous face, waiting impatiently for answers.

“I, err… I didn’t want to do it like this. Can we,” Deacon’s eyes dart up to mine from the table, “talk privately?”

“No you’re not.” Lizzie snapped, “Talk. Here and now.”

Well this is awkward, “please just tell us Deacon. I don’t deserve to be kept in the dark.”