Chapter 4

Apologies for not updating sooner; my daughter had the norovirus, so was off ill, and I caught it too.. was a very icky week.

Anyway, we're better now..

Thanks for all your supportive comments.

ANYONE COMING FROM THE FIRST BOOK, IF YOU WEREN'T ABLE TO ACCESS CHAPTERS 29 OR 42, PLEASE INBOX ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND THEM OUT. :)

50 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER MY LOVELIES.

PLEASE BE PATIENT; IT'S XMAS TIME, I HAVE A NEW MAN IN MY LIFE ;) AND SOOOO MUCH SHOPPING TO DO FOR XMAS, IT'S UNREAL!

xxx

Chapter 4

Honesty

Deacon POV

Jade green leaves swirl in the wind, dirt lifts off the cracked dry surface that once housed a lawn of pure lush green grass, the wind whistles through my hair, forcing it into my eyes, clouding my vision; the vision that has become so nebulous in the past two months.

Bethany is blooming gracefully in her pregnancy, and has turned from a puking wreck into a brazen, golden glow of a woman.

My feelings for her have swelled as our baby has grown.. our child..

I want, I wish to tell her about the child growing inside of her..

The fact that he or she might be a shifter, and may hold the Alpha genes..

What would that mean for us though?

Would she leave me and take my baby with her?

Or would she stay and let me father the child I helped create?

The other thing that turns these thoughts to dust is Virginia; my beautiful and elegant mate.. the woman I am destined to spend the rest of my mate with; correction, the mate Declan and I are supposed to spend our lives with.

How the hell are we supposed to work through this?

Nothing has become of our mating; neither Declan nor I have made that step to take Virginia out on a date, as not to anger one another.

I crave to spend time with Virginia, I crave to hold her and be the mate she deserves, but everybody, myself included knows I am not what she needs.

I am pathetic.

I am a waste of space.

At least Declan is able to consider the effect of our bickering on Virginia, and our family; I just think souly about how it would effect me.

I'm pathetic.

What's worse is that Bethany knows no different; she thinks we are still going strong, and our relationship is knot tight, that we are going to become a family when our child arrives, but the thing is, I just don't know what the future holds.

I can't promise Hany the world when I'm unsure myself of what I am able to give.

“This is where you've been hiding!” My sister, Melody wanders over to my safe haven, and joins me on the grass-less ledge, staring out over the hills and woodland beneath us, “I'm not stupid Deac, I know something is happening.. the tension in the house is crazy! Will you just tell me, as nobody else will. All I know is that it includes you.”