Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Flaws

Declan POV

I have been running for 76 hours and 52 minutes. I haven’t stopped.

My brother needs me.

I will find him if it’s the last thing I do.

My dad joined me after a few hours of my absence, and now with him by my side, we are scouring out the woods, the forests, the neighbouring pack lands, in hope of coming across my poor, idiotic brother.

Neither Holden nor Mum has joined us; my brothers and sisters need mum, and Holden being the pack Alpha needs to stay close to protect everybody.

I understand why, I just think it’s pathetic he’s not out searching for his own god damn son. It’s the pack’s future Alpha for heaven sake!

Ergh!

Those flashes of Deac’s pain and vision keep flickering through my brain, pushing me on and up the hills, over rocks and fallen trees.

Each step in the directions brings me more contact with my brother, so I use his contact as a positive; I use our link as a way of bringing myself closer to his captivity.

Thanks to our twin link, we can talk without anybody else knowing. It’s a fantastic tool for lying to the parents, and planning strategies on girls, but right now, none of that matters; it’s our tool to ensure of Deacon’s survival.

Whoever has him contained must be in the pack, or know our pack lands well enough to find somewhere hidden from us, but still be local. That much I have worked out.

Who the hell could it be?

Who’s got my brother?

Who the fuck is torturing my brother?

Who’s new to the pack?

Who would want to get him, and his power?

The thought startles me into a halt.

Who is new to the pack?

VIRGINIA.

No!

How dare I even consider that! She’s my mate.

She’s been as devastated as I with Deac’s disappearance.

But she was the last one to see him.

No.

It can’t be her!

Fuck, my head is spinning.

The only two new members to our pack have been Virginia and her family; her mother works at the local hospital, her dad is a pack wolf… and her little sister is in the pack primary school.

Her dad is a pack wolf for heaven sake, he wouldn’t do anything stupid.

Why does my gut tell me otherwise?

Remember the phrase Holden always used, 'Innocent until proven guilty. '

I will find the guilty bastard!

Whoever he may be.

~*~

Deacon POV

Why the fuck does he keep playing this damn album over and over again?

Is he trying to piss me off?

Yeah, granted the songs are pretty good, but I hate HATE repetition!

I can only just about handle listening to one song a handful of times before I’m bored of it.

He’s a fucking dick, isn’t he?

Jackson doesn’t deserve a daughter so caring, so selfless, as loving as Virginia. Or a family who care for him the way they do.

He deserves to be hung.

Think of the reputation he’s giving his family!

I know I shouldn’t care, I’m probably going to die here, but I still worry about those I’m leaving behind.

My beautiful mate and her family…

My own family, my mum, my brother… my little brothers and sisters, even Dean.

I don’t want to leave them to pick up the pieces.

That’s why I’m relying totally on my brother who is currently out searching for me.

Thanks to Jackson being a total idiot, not knowing how quickly wolfsbane burns off on an Alpha, or that I have a strong twin link with my brother, we have been able to share snippets every now and again when I have enough energy.

He keeps getting close but loses our connection.

It’s as though there is something masking my scent, my whereabouts. Like he’s coated the area in wolfsbane so Declan can’t sense anything?

I’ve tried to voice my wonderings, but he can never seem to read them. It doesn’t make any sense.

Please find me Declan.

Please!