Chapter 9

APOLOGIES FOR LACK OF WRITING.. IM BACK AND HOPEFULLY BETTER!!

:p

75 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER

Chapter 9

The Calm before the Storm

Declan POV

Two weeks of hell.

Two weeks of knowing nothing.

Two weeks of worrying.

I remember the evening this whole drama started; Deacon had his date with Virginia.

He had been acting oddly since arriving home, but only after the date did we find out why.

*Flashback*

A commotion downstairs had my waking from my seat at my study desk in my room.

"But he's gone! He took off!" I know that voice.

Grabbing the paper that was sticking to my face, and throwing it to the floor, I took off downstairs; for some reason knowing this was serious.

I enter the living room to find a tearful Virginia facing my dad, Holden and mum who were all staring with shock.

"Why did he run? What happened?" Holden asks impatiently.

A chill takes over my body.. Deacon!!

"What's happened?" I whisper, knowing full well they can hear me.

All of them turned to face me with grave faces, and Virginia is the one to talk, "Bethany cheated on Deacon. The baby might not be his. He left half way through our date; ran off.. Disappeared. I can't get through to him. Not even my wolf can reach him! He's gone! We're both scared. Somethings' wrong!"

I stumble back, trying to grab onto something for support but end up falling flat on my ass as the news sinks in.

My brother, my twin brother is gone.

There's something wrong!

I thought, I actually thought I was going to be an uncle!

How dare she!!!!

"We have to find him!" I exclaim, still on the floor.

"But we can't even feel his wolf, how would that work?" Virginia exclaims.

****************

Since then we have had the pack out searching, someone constantly trying to make contact with Deacon; all of the packs in the country informed, hoping someone will respect us enough to keep us in the loop.

I miss my brother!

Our entire family is on tenterhooks.

Virginia is falling apart; I'm trying my best to comfort her, but she needs both of her mates to be complete.

It hits me that there are truthfully three of us in this relationship; not just two..

It would be impossible for me to pick between Virginia and Deacon, just like it'd be impossible for Virginia to pick between us two.

How selfish have we been?

I wander through the house aimlessly, twirling and throwing around my bottle of coke, wondering what to do, when the doorbell goes.

I sigh, force a welcoming smile on my face and turn and stride towards the front door.

With a click, I pull the door back, and find an emotional Virginia standing there, shaking.