Chapter 39

I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry! I broke my thumb.

Yes you read right, I broke my damn thumb! lol. 

2 days after my birthday I was dancing around my living room (as I do in the evenings) and tried a move I can't do, and fell, dislocating and breaking my thumb in the process. I was in a plaster cast for 3 weeks, now I'm in a splint but I have physio etc, so I'm more mobile now but I am still taking it easy. 

This is the first time I've updated in so long and I apologise. Life has been getting in the way. 

I hope this chapter will kind of make up for my neglect. xx

Chapter 39

Once and for all

Deacon POV

Red.

Rouge.

Crimson.

All I could see was red. My vision was clouded with blood red.

Red with anger. Fury. Rage. And that was just me, forget about my wolf! He wanted blood. He was out for Lydia’s blood. He wanted to rip her head clean from her neck, to gouge her eyes from the sockets, torture and maim her until she bled out slowly and painfully, but no, we needed to end this.

This was it. I had behaved like the world’s worst mate and I wasn’t going to wallow in self-pity anymore, I wasn’t going to try and 'do what was best' for Virginia because I always ended up making things worse, so I was going to step up and damn well fight for her love, fight for another chance and be a man worthy of a woman so god damn amazing. And this was the start of the new Deacon. I would save Virginia, I would protect her and give her a new life; a life she deserved.

Virginia had had enough, I had too; this whole family had dealt with way too much over the past year and I know I caused a lot of it, but I had to finish this. If I was going to fix my mistakes, and save the one woman made especially for me, I had to get her away from her bitch of a mother and get her to the pack doctor.

Quickly formulating a plan with my brother and the wolves, we moved into place; we were surrounding the shack, ready to attack… ready to get rid of the risk to my beautiful mate. I wanted to be the one to take out the risk. Everyone agreed, even Declan. I was fuming and I damn well had the right to be this time.

I literally can’t believe Lydia brought Virginia to the place her own sick twisted mate had me locked up… it’s just making me feel more anger, more hatred towards the woman. Did she have no heart? Oh wait, of course not! What a stupid question.

We continued to listen to the frustrated bitching from the shack as Lydia continued to torture her daughter, but somehow, amazingly, Virginia didn’t let out a sound. She was completely silent much to her mother’s dismay. She continued to amaze me, taking on each hurdle with the upmost confidence and strength, and surpassing them beyond anybody’s wildest imaginations. It sickened me hearing what sounded like a blade slice through skin, knowing it was my beautiful mate getting maimed… It was time.