Chapter 29

And I'm back with another chapter.

Had writers block for most of the week- sorry I didn't update until now.

Hope this chapter makes up for it xxx

Chapter 29

Movie Night

Deacon POV

Knowing what I had to do, knowing the next step I was obligated to take as the future Alpha and a mate, I had to buck up my ideas.

I didn’t deserve Virginia, I knew that. I’d known that for quite some time but somehow, for some unknown reason she stuck around and loved me. I now have to buck up my ideas properly and become the mate she deserves.

That begins with Bethany…

So that’s where I was, I had just sat her down and was readying myself for the coming news I had to get out. I had to admit out loud how my feelings had… changed?

I had come to realise the reason why I was drawn to her, why even know I felt as though I had to be by her side, I needed to be touching her bump; I had to be near my boy.

“I know what you’ve come here to say Deac, and don’t worry about it. I don’t need to hear it. It’s ok,” Bethany mutters, gazing down at the tiled flooring rather than into my eyes.

“I have to explain- you deserve to know. Can you let me do that?”

Own up to it Deac, you have to do this.

Bethany deserves your honesty; Virginia deserves a clean slate… and you? You don’t deserve either of these women; Bethany may have been the one that originally made a mess of everything by cheating, but right now she needs me more than anything and I will. I will be there as she needs me, but as a friend. I will no longer lead her on and make her feel there is more going on than there is.

My father showed me love and belief that I can do this, that I can make things right and I know now that I should’ve admitted my wrongs a long time ago and corrected them. But it’s taken months of going back and forth with my feelings.

Buck it up boy and do the right thing.

My eyes are trained to the randomly fitted brickwork of the walls, looking like a completed game of Tetris. Oddly eye-catching arrangement, I find myself gazing over the walls while my mouth does the work,

“Over the past few days I’ve come to realise why I’m drawn to you, why I need to be close; it’s my son, our boy. He calls to me on a level I never thought possible. My body is magnetised to you because of the bond between him and I, and I mistook it for the feelings we once had for each other.

I will always love you Bethany, I don’t think that will go away; more so now that you’re the mother of my boy, but I love Virginia in a whole other way. A way that I can’t deny and I can’t let go of that.

I am so sorry, insanely sorry for leading you on when I was confused in myself. Please don’t think I’m not going to support you because I am and we will. I will be there for you during and after you birth our boy; I won’t abandon you, my family and I will be there whenever you need us, financially, emotionally and physically.

You are an amazing woman; I am in awe of you for all you’ve done for us. I can forgive and forget your indiscretion. I want to co-parent with you effectively and provide our boy with the family he deserves.