Chapter 37

Here we go guys! 

Another chapter ready for your viewing. I hope you enjoy.

Keep up those comments and votes :)

Chapter 37

Vengeance

Deacon POV

I’m a dick.

I’m a dick.

I’m the world’s worst mate.

Stupid, pathetic, weak bastard!

Head in my hands, tears threatening to fall as I wallow in my self-hatred, wondering whether I was doing the right thing; I knew Virginia deserved better than what I had put her through all this time, I knew Declan was better suited than I was and treated her like a princess. I should’ve given her my all; I should have saved myself for Virginia and not pursued my senseless crush on Bethany like I did. I shouldn’t have slept with Bethany and as a result created Maddox. How was any of this fair on Virginia?

No I didn’t expect to find my mate so quickly, no I didn’t expect the drama that came with it but I was the one that made a mistake, not her. Virginia had been nothing but selfless, patient and loving; she had given her all to our messed up three-way relationship while I had been selflish, self-indulged and ignorant to her needs.

This is why I was planning on breaking our bond; this is why I was planning on giving her a clean break from our feelings towards each other but was it the best thing? Was it the right thing to do? Was I punishing Virginia and Declan as a result of my egotism? Was this going to benefit Virginia or was I going to ruin her life?

A flash of the future hit me full force;

Virginia round with child; Declan’s child. I had to stand there and watch her smile up at her husband while I was alone, aching to be part of it. Wishing I’d given us another shot.

My heart ached at the scene and how little I tried, how little I’d sacrificed to the woman the wolf gods made for me. How selfish was I?

Coming back to reality, a pained gasp left my lips and I shakily got to my feet, realising what I’d done. Realising how much of a coward I was. That was not the man I was supposed to be; I was an Alpha, I was a father, I was not supposed to be like this! I was not going to let fear and pride override my love for the woman upstairs falling apart because of me. I was not going to break our bond because Virginia deserved better; I was going to fight. I was going to prove my love for her; I was going to win her back. I was going to do the right thing because that’s what she deserved.

I ignored the chicken shit voice niggling at the back of my mind, telling me to run. This voice had been around for the past few weeks and it was ruling over my logical thoughts; I had been listening to this weird voice.

Come to think of it, the voice was that of a female.

“You don’t deserve Virginia. Grow up and let her go. She’s too good for you. You don’t deserve anything or anyone!” The voice was back, weakening my resolve, pushing me to back down once again.

“No!” I growled, fighting through, “Virginia is my world. I will not wimp out now.”

I didn’t understand why that voice had randomly turned up and taken control of my every thought; I didn’t get why it was female or why they were fighting with me, why they were trying to force me to end my relationship with Virginia. I also worried why my wolf had disappeared when this female voice showed up in my brain.

Pushing those concerns to the back of my mind, I headed to the door of the library in pursuit of the woman that controlled my very heart beats. I needed to show her how much I loved her, how much she meant to me when all of a sudden, the broken and pained sound of my beautiful mate’s voice hit me,