Chapter 32

Here we go guys; I may not update much over the next 2 weeks as we are getting ready for my daughter to FINALLY start primary school.

One nervous mummy right here!! 

I hope this chapter helps a little... 

I found that even though so many people hated Bethany, she will still be sorely missed.

I will miss her but for this story to work it had to be done.

Chapter 32

The Unbreakable Bond

Virginia POV

Confused.

Shocked.

Befuddled.

Worried.

All emotions that didn’t even cover what I was feeling right now, and worse, they didn’t by half cover the sentiments radiating from my mate.

Deacon spent all night with a look of sheer panic, never letting go of Maddox; this wasn’t something anybody considered happening. Bethany wasn’t supposed to die.

Bethany was healthy, her pregnancy was 100% normal and she was low risk, why this had to happen was beyond me!

Poor baby Maddox…

An unprepared father and a deceased mother and he’s only six hours old!

I don’t know what I’m supposed to do; I was just about handling my mate being a father with somebody else; our mating is to secure a strong alpha and I now won’t be able to provide that.

Part of me resents that.

I resent Deacon and Bethany for taking that away.

As much as I want to, I don’t blame Maddox. Maddox is an innocent baby and doesn’t deserve my envy or hate.

Am I supposed to step in as mother to Maddox? Or am I supposed to let Deacon deal with this on his own? Will his family act as the family unit he needs?

I just don’t know!

I want to cry; to run to my mum and cry in her arms, and receive the comforting words I long for but I don’t have that luxury and I hate her for that!

What in god’s name am I supposed to do?

~*~

Deacon POV

I am one selfish bastard!

Here I am, with my son in my arms- the place he has stayed since passed to me when I received the disastrous news that Bethany had died and all I’ve thought about was me, my loss, and what I was going to do?

Only now it hit me that Maddox has lost his mother; he’ll never know her and Bethany will never get to meet the child she carried, the child she risked everything for.

In realisation, I am the lucky one in all this; I still have my son, I’m still alive and I still have the love of my life sat beside me, supporting me unconditionally.

I am a lucky bastard, selfish but lucky.

Sleep is yet to come; all I see when I close my eyes is Bethany’s bloody body. I see the mother of my son dead. And it hits me that I’m a father without a mother to support me, and go through this at my side.

I hate that I pushed her away only a few hours before she died… Bethany died feeling abandoned and isolated. And that was my fault.

I had to make some changes, a fresh start and I knew full well I couldn’t do this parenting shizz on my own but how could I put this responsibility on Virginia’s shoulders?

Could I really ask her?

Did I deserve that support from her?

I had messed up incessantly and didn’t deserve all the chances Virginia and my family had given; I was going to fall on my ass and fuck up again, I knew it. In order to provide Maddox with the love and support he deserved and needed as our future Alpha, I needed to surround him with appropriate role models.

Virginia sure was incredible.

I couldn’t not ask; it wasn’t for me was it? It was for Maddox. My son.

Shit that felt weird… my son. My boy.

Fuck, I’m a parent.

We were sat in the guest house, in the living room; I needed silence. I didn’t want my brothers and sisters to wake up and run amuck over Maddox.

“Virginia?” I mumble, finally using my voice. I had been mute since finding out about Bethany.

“Yes?” The soft gentleness washed over me, calming my wolf instantly.

“Do you think- could you- maybe- help? With Maddox I mean? I can’t do this on my own. I don’t want to burden you-.”

“If that’s what you want from me Deacon, of course I will,” she cuts me off, “I didn’t know whether you wanted me to help, step in. And Maddox is not a burden. He’s a baby.”

Slipping off the sofa to the hardwood flooring, I found myself kneeling before the world’s most perfect woman, taking her hands in my free one; the other cradling Maddox, I found my mouth opening and my feelings being blurted out at full speed, “I don’t know what I did to receive such a selfless and beautiful mate Virginia. I love you so much; I am forever in your debt and promise to spend the rest of my life making it up to you for not being the mate, the partner you deserve. Please forgive me for everything I’ve put you through?” The tears were drowning my tired face, tumbling down like flowing rivers as I realised how bad a mate I had been, how much of a failure I was to the people in my life.

“I’m so sorry…” I sobbed; the past few hours I had completely let my façade slip and my true feelings show; I had turned into a cry baby and I hoped it didn’t put Virginia off, “so fucking sorry…”

Upon opening my eyes, I found Virginia’s beautiful face in front of mine, her emerald orbs filled with glistening tears as she knelt before me; carefully she took Maddox from me- the first time I had let him go since him being placed with me… I was so scared I’d lose him I didn’t let him go- placing him in the Moses basket beside the sofa before wrapping her arms around my shaking form, hugging me tightly into her body.

“Deacon, I love you. Yes you’ve been a complete tool but it doesn’t take away how affectionate and wonderful you have actually been to me. You may not see it but I have. I am not running away. I am going to stand beside you and Declan until the day I die okay?” Her words mended my weakened heart and my aching wolf, “I love you. I love your son as if he were my own because he is a part of you. We are going to get through this as a team because that is what we are. I love you.”

Oh Virginia… how I love you too.

My wolf howled passionately, declaring his love for our beautiful and mystical mate.

Thank the wolf gods for sending Virginia to me… and my baby boy.

Who knew Deacon had a heart??

(I always compared him to the tin man in my head lol)

Vote and comment me lovelies :) xxxx