Chapter 8

So sorry for not updating until now, it has been a busy week of revising and assignments.

Hope this instalment makes up for my absence.

85 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE <3

Love your continuous support.

X

Chapter 8

Bells, Whistles and Betrayal (part 2)

Deacon POV

That luscious, incredibly stunning girl is donning a body hugging sky blue baby doll dress, a little navy cardigan and a pair of four inch stiletto heels..

I can't take my eyes off of her.

The horrible thought runs through my head; what did she wear for Declan? Did she make more or less effort for him?

Will our date be as good as theirs?

Paranoid much?

We are sat in a private, candle lit room in the swankiest restaurant in the county; a string quartet playing in the corner by a little dance floor. The walls and floor is coated in a disarray of flowers and petals, joined by many scented candles.

I went all out.

One rule broken; I spent over the limit of £100.

I couldn't care less!

The rule about Bethany is now moot, so that isn't even an issue.

"Virginia.. Would you like to dance?" I breathe, using my panty dropping smile to weaken her resolve.

"I- I- ok." Gin blushes, and takes my outstretched hand. I pull her up with force, and onto the dance floor.

"You are beautiful Virginia. I am the luckiest man alive to have you as my mate.

I will never take you for granted." I murmur gently in her ear, letting my husky hormones take over for the length of my speech.

I feel like I've won when Gin moans softly, so I wind my arms around her sexy little waist, pulling her body tightly against mine.

Swaying to the rhythm of the quartet, I feel like I'm going to explode with the howls of gratitude and happiness escaping from my wolf.

I can feel the waves of lust and love emanating from Virginia's wolf which is only making me worse.

As we sway and grind, Virginia mumbles something, but I don't hear it,

"Pardon? I didn't hear." I question.

"I said.." She whispers into my chest, "please kiss me."

Oh god, yes.

Letting one of my hands slide up from her waist, I skim up over her rib cage, along her shoulder blade; making Virginia shiver, and up to cup her cheek,

"With pleasure." I reply, mentally ticking off the broken rule; no kissing- as our lips meet.

As our tongues entwine, and our saliva mixes together, I feel my dick going instantly hard.

Now, that never happened with Bethany..

I never planned on going further than kissing, but now overcome by this incredible and undeniable feeling, the sensation of lust, love, need, want.. And just plain horniness, I don't think I could stop myself.

First things first; I pull back from those addictive lips, and while calming myself, I drag Virginia back to our table, retrieving the little rouge velvet box from my jacket pocket.

"Virginia, I wanted to give this to you. It's a family heirloom- for the Alpha of the pack.

This belongs to you angel." I hand over the box into Virginia's silky smooth hand.

Another rule broken: no extravagant gifts.

The look on my mate's face is one of shock, amazement, happiness but a hint of confusion as she opens the box and her eyes fix on the piece of jewellery.

"Oh Deacon!" She exclaims, "ww- ohh!" Virginia is definitely tongue tied, "what does this mean?"

I know what Virginia means by this question, "this means.. I am devoted to you. And only you. My love. My everything. My mate."

I am rewarded with the most stunningly beautiful, blinding, room-lighting smile I have ever seen in my life.

"No Bethany?" Virginia is breathless.

"No Bethany." I confirm.

"No baby?"

This question tears at my heart.

"I don't know.." I whisper painfully.

"What?" Shock laces her tone.

"I don't know. Bethany is pregnant yes, whether the baby is mine or not is another question." I realise my eyes are brimming with tears once Virginia's arms are tightly wrapped around my neck, and pulling me in. Automatically, as if second nature, I wrap my arms around her small frame, and I let those hidden tears escape.

"I'm here for you Deacon.. Either way, whether you are to be a father or not, I will support you. Ok?"

I nod in silence, and continue to hold the one woman who was made to love and support me unconditionally.

Why the fuck do I have to share her with my own brother?

Shit..

My brother!

Declan!

What the hell am I doing?

Why am I even considering turning against him for my own prize?

We both know I'm unworthy of a woman like Virginia.

At least Declan played by the rules.

"I'm so sorry.. I can't do this." I mumble, pulling myself from Virginia's arms and run from the room.

I run.

I don't stop; I just run.

RULES LEFT UNBROKEN;

1) no sex

4) one on one; no introducing friends

5) 1 year max

6) one date per week each

9) the unsuccessful mate loses bond but no falling out between family members

10) no boasting, bribing or blackmailing