Chapter 17

I am soooooo damn sorry for not updating in literally ages.

I hope to become more regular with this story now that it's summer but don't hold me to it- got loads going on and not sure how it'll pan out over the next few months.

Keep your fingers crossed for me please!!

Chapter 17

The Dam

Deacon POV

In and out, in and out, consciousness is frustrating when I full well know I’m being pumped full of drugs!

I so want to open my eyes and drink in my family, but I just can’t make them move. I can just about handle a twitch of my hand before I’m too exhausted and fall back under the dark cloud of sleep. I hate not being in control. I need so badly to be able to will my body to move.

I can hear voices, some familiar, some… blurry?

“Why is he still unconscious?”

“I can’t be sure Alpha, maybe we need more blood?”

Blood? From who?

God I am so confused!

Why is everything I can hear a question? I want to know what’s going on in the outside world! If my brother is ok; if Virginia is coping; how my parents are, and my siblings.

Back under the thick smog of unconsciousness I go…

I have so many questions that need answering, so much to say, so many people to apologise to, and thank for saving me. I have so much, too much bouncing around in my head that it’s actually causing me a headache!

Ironic huh? Comatose but still suffering with a migraine so bad you’d think I was hungover! Life is just that unfair! I thought unconsciousness was peaceful, resting and time to heal- not for me!

“…it’s ok. I said I’d help- it’s for Deac,” a familiar voice murmurs gently, a voice I can’t seem to place but I know so well. A voice laced with anxiety; for what, I’m not entirely sure.

They’re helping? How?

I wish I could just open my eyes and see!

Haven’t I been through enough? Hasn’t my family been enough?

Gah! Just open your eyes already Deac! But no such luck. I try with every ounce of energy, my wolf’s and my own to pry my eyes open, but to no avail; I am still stuck in this zombie-like state of darkness.

A sting appears in my chest; it feels like it’s plummeting right into my heart and I want to move, find a way of removing the burning sensation which starts to radiate through my torso, spreading like wildfire through my veins, my limbs which are aching and heavy come alive with the heat, seeping, scratching its way to the tips of my fingers and the ends of my toes.

To say it hurts is a fucking understatement! What the actual fuck is going on?

The scream in my head leaps to my mouth, leaving with a high pitched pained sound; the first noise I have made in quite some time I imagine.

“Oh! What’s going on? Save my son! Please!!” My mother’s pained sob reaches my sensitive ears, and my eyes shoot open, my upper body leaping up into a sitting position.

I’m awake!

FINA-FUCKING-LLY!

I take in the room around me; the stark white medical room of our home, a medical tray with an empty but bloody syringe resting in a cardboard bowl. I am laying on one of the hospital beds, uncomfortable and cold.