Chapter 23

I CHANGED THE COVER RECENTLY, BUT I'M LOOKING FOR A FAN MADE COVER.

(LIKE I DID WITH MY DOM OR MY MATE)

PLEASE EMAIL IN YOUR COVER IDEAS TO...

jazzi_fizzle@hotmail.co.uk

THE COVER WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE 1ST AUGUST. 

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WATTPAD NAME IN YOUR EMAILS; YOUR NAME WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CHAPTER I POST AFTER THE COVER IS CHANGED AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A DEDICATION.

GET THEM IN GUYS!! :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CHAPTER. IT MAKES ME GRIN, COO AND GIGGLE ALL AT THE SAME TIME! 

I HOPE YOU FEEL THE SAME. EEEEEKKK!!

Chapter 23

Bacon

Bethany POV

“Mum?” I just don’t understand- my mind is completely blank, “how do you know? I’ve only known a few weeks!” My voice is reached a whole new level of shrill!

“I guess I should start from the beginning…” Mum sighs, removing one of her hands from Deacon who is currently frozen to the spot, his jaw on the floor and rubbing her index finger and thumb across her forehead- an action she does when she’s nervous, “I- err- I always suspected the stories about shifters were true. I have grown up here and there were many stories of wolf sightings in the area. I was sure there was a pack somewhere close by.

But then when you and Deacon started dating,” mum looks from me to the father of my unborn son nervously and continues, “I saw a wolf in the woodland beyond the garden one day- you two had been together for a few weeks. I watched from the kitchen window and saw him shift. To say I was surprised was an understatement but I kept it to myself- acted like I hadn’t seen anything.

I wondered if you two were mates- wondered whether you two were going to be together forever, but when you split; I guessed it wasn’t the case.

I’m guessing you,” she looks towards Virginia with curiosity sparking in her eyes, “are Deacon’s true mate?” Virginia only nods, but is otherwise silent, “so what is happening here? If you are carrying Deacon’s son? A shifter? But you are not in fact his mate… are you going to take the baby away?” Mum starts panicking, pulling back her other hand from Deacon’s grip and starts visibly shaking.

“Oh god no!” Deacon exclaims, “of course not. I would gladly explain the situation to you if you’d like me to?” His hands flutter around uselessly, obviously wanting to calm mum down.

She just nods, running her hands through her straw-like hair; the cancer has done one on her looks as well as her inside. I hate cancer, and I hate what it’s done to my mum.

As Deacon continues to explain our strange situation, the one where yes Deacon has a mate but is still in my life, we still have… something? He explains gently, as to not work my mother into another frenzy, telling her his plan for us to move onto pack land so we are both cared for and have the appropriate support during the stress of the coming months.

I just sit here on the arm of mum’s arm chair, thinking through the events of the past few weeks, trying to make sense of the messed up situation.

Deacon was my boyfriend. My first love.

I was pregnant with his baby, and by what he’s told me I’m due in just over 9 weeks due to the advanced growth of the baby due to his wolf genetics.