Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Internal Monologue

Deacon POV

Numb.

For the first time in what feels like forever, I don’t feel anything.

I can’t hear anything, I can’t see, and thank god I can’t feel! No feeling, no burning, no searing pain, no stabbings, no headache, no heartbreak, no nothing. Zilch. Empty.

 I feel free.

I try to work back through my memories of the events that happened before everything went dark; I remember Jackson and his torturing me, I remember seeing the most beautiful angel… Virginia! She was there! In the hut!

All that time being tortured, beaten and abused by the father of my mate. What did I do that was so wrong? I thought everybody wanted their daughter to be mated to the future Alpha! The future Alpha holds status, security and stability. I’m the most eligible bachelor in the area.

The name Jamie keeps singing in my head, making me question why? Who was Jamie and why was he so important that Virginia has taken a back seat in my thoughts?

Despite my inability to open my eyes or feel anything, I can sense the spinning in my brain. It feels odd. Like my soul is drifting from my body.

That can’t be happening! I have so much to live for!

Virginia.

Declan.

My parents.

Even Dean.

My maybe unborn child!

My pack.

My brothers and sisters.

I cannot, NO I will NOT die!

Gripping on to every little piece of me I have left, I pulled the feel of my soul back inside my body, and clenched onto it with all my might, begging not to leave the earth, my family, my life.

I am needed. I have a pack to stay alive for.

I have family, loved ones, and a mate!

Awareness starts pumping through my body as I force myself to stay with the living; I feel my heart beating wildly and warmth spread throughout my limbs.

I don’t understand this warm sensation but it’s the most positive feeling I’ve had in quite some time so I welcome it gladly.

A sharp pain enters my chest and my wolf awakens, jerking up inside my head, howling thankfully at the stab in my heart.

What the actual fuck is happening to me right now? I wish I could see, or hear or something! As each second passes, I become more and more frustrated, wishing I could do something.

“Deacon?”

Did I just hear something?

“Deacon? Can you hear me?”

I know that voice! Better than I know myself!

That concerned, husky voice belongs to my brother. My twin. Declan!

Oh, thank the lord, I’m alive!

“Deac, if you can hear me, squeeze my hand,” I didn’t even realise until now, now that I’m concentrating, there was a hand holding mine.

Using the infinitesimal amount of energy I possess, I tense up my hand, around the fingers holding onto me, giving them my message.

“Oh thank god!” MUM! Mum is here!

They found me!

I’m out of danger.

What happened to Jackson? Is he alive?

Knowing my father he wouldn’t be.

Finally feeling safe, my family nearby, I relax and let myself feel the relief, the wonder of the expanding strength fill my veins.

Did they give me something?

Whatever it is, I feel better than I have in ages!

I feel alive. Replenished; like I’ve been in a long, deep sleep.

I’m alive.

I will thank everybody who helped to save me. I will repay them in any way I can. I owe these people more than my own life for giving me this chance.

I wonder who saved me.

I can’t wait to show them my gratitude and make the most of my life rather than sit on the sidelines and act like the idiotic douchebag I was.

One day at a time and live my life to the fullest.