Chapter 30

HERE WE GO GUYS!

KEEP YOUR BUMS GLUED; THINGS ARE ABOUT TO HEAT UP!

I KNOW MANY OF YOU MAY HATE ME FOR WHAT'S COMING UP IN THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS BUT IT'S GOTTA BE DONE.

ENJOY THE DRAAAAMMMMAAAAAAAA

Chapter 30

Never in my Wildest Dreams

Declan POV

Okkaaaaayyy…

I knew mum, dad and Holden were still at it like bunnies; I’d heard them so many times, caught them at it all over the house so many times too, but I didn’t like to think about it. They were our parents for heaven sake.

More siblings on the way? And Deac’s sprog too?

This house is gonna be so crowded!

Don’t get me wrong, I was happy for mum; she loved us all but had voiced her ache for another baby. She just never seemed finished with having children, but she was old! I just didn’t like to envisage my parents getting down and dirty.

I’m sure we’ll manage. It’ll just take a bit of work to get used to.

Babies, babies, babies.

I would love it if Virginia got pregnant, but I wouldn’t lay that on her yet. She was young; we were all young, and I wouldn’t demand children from her until she was ready.

But just imagining it… Virginia round with my baby. It’d be just… amazing! I couldn’t wish for anything better. The idea of it had me smiling all the time.

I wouldn’t just be Declan then, I’d be daddy and I couldn’t think of anything better.

Deacon, surprising us all was currently stood with mum, hugging her tightly, getting all excited at the new edition to the family. He was literally jumping up and down and asking about when mum found out, if she knew how far gone she was yet and loads of other stuff I hadn’t even considered to ask.

I guess I just wasn’t as informed as he was since he was about to become a father.

Bethany was now 29 weeks, so close to her due date and we were all on watch for signs of waters breaking, contractions or anything worrying; the future Alpha, as we found out early was to be named Maddox had to be safe, protected and healthy so he could fulfil his future role. With human genes as well as wolf, he would be prone to human infections and genetic disorders; it wasn’t common but if he got ill, there could be problematic consequences.

The news finally settled in and we all calmed down. Mum, dad and Holden left us to our movie and the lights dimmed again, Melody pressing play and Picture Perfect continuing.

My sisters, Virginia and even Deacon were singing along, making me laugh; in the dim light of the TV screen, I could make out Deacon whipping his head around to the music, singing comically along with the mash up of Just the way you are/ Just a dream.

For some reason I wasn’t totally engrossed in the film, something else had my attention… or should I say someone else; despite the darkness, my impeccable wolf sight could make out the change in colour of Bethany. How every few minutes her cheeks would turn from their usual blushed tinge to snow white paleness, and her teeth would jam shut, grinding sharply.

I thought I was the only one to notice but the film suddenly paused and Deac was pushing past me, kneeling in front of Bethany, his hands clutching at her pallid cheeks, forcing her to look into his eyes,