Chapter 35

This chapter may present some opposing views... Let's see eh?

Enjoy. 

Chapter 35

News to my Ears

Declan POV

Questions.

An overload of questions flittered my brain after last night’s antics.

I didn’t regret them, no, but I did wonder… why was I so… dominant? Confident? Sexually powerful? I didn’t understand it. I was mystified as to how a sexually inexperienced teenage boy could use such words and know such explicit acts with such precision, he could make a woman cum so damn fast and powerfully, it made his head spin.

Was this a wolf thing or a man thing?

“Morning son, how are you today?” Dad’s voice knocked me from my inner musings, back to the here and now.

“I’m alright. I think. I hope.”

With an amused smirk, Dad sighs, “tell your old man all about it.”

After urging my father off to his office; I definitely needed privacy for a conversation like this, a subject like this… I didn’t even know how I would venture it with my own father, let alone anybody else.

This is awkward…

“Come on Dec, talk.” Dad smiles gently, “whatever it is, we can deal with it.”

“It’s nothing bad, it’s just… weird. I don’t know. I feel… ashamed maybe?” I try to find the words, and all of a sudden it tumbles from my lips in a rush, “I slept with Virginia last night and I was very controlling… dominant even. I don’t understand why. I’m near enough a virgin. How do I have this experience? Knowledge? Confidence?”

If anything, I was expecting disgust, confusion, but no, Dad surprised me openly laughing, he sounded surprised but strangely relieved.

“Well well well, it seems you and I are more alike than I thought!” Now I was sure not expecting that! Dad was dominant? Ok, I didn’t want to even think of that, but it would make sense as to why I am this way.

“But I’m not like this anywhere else. I’m not controlling or dominant with her out and about; only when I’ve… I’m with her. Alone I mean.” I find myself trying to excuse my behaviour; why I don’t know.

“Don’t make excuses for yourself. There’s nothing wrong with it! If there was, your mother would have left me a long time ago. Dom/ sub relationships are healthy, just as normal as any other relationship.

Enjoy the excitement.

If you need any advice, toys or… as weird as it sounds, suggestions, ask away. Or there are numerous websites and forums available too.

I may be your father but I’m not going to tell anybody; your private time with your mate is just that- it’s private. Don’t be ashamed of yourself. As long as Virginia enjoys what you do with her, then there is nothing wrong.”

Okay, information overload.

First things first, my dad was a god damn dom!

Secondly, my mum was his submissive. Nice, real nice.

Next on the list, he’s offering to give me advice, suggestions, advice and TOYS!

But the most positive piece of information is that what I seem to enjoy is normal, healthy and as long as it’s consensual, there is nothing wrong with it. The many scenarios, ideas of what I could do with Virginia are just adding to the fuel. I’m aching for another round with my mate. Soon.

“One last thing,” Dad adds; he pulls open a drawer of his dark mahogany desk and picks up a heavy metal key, “the basement… I told you was abandoned and not safe. That was a lie,” he holds out and passes me the key, “the basement is my playroom. If you ever feel the need to use it, go ahead.” And with a wide grin, he adds with a chuckle, “Just make sure I’m not in there first.”

“Awww dad! Mental pictures!” Rubbing my eyes with my palms, I attempt to scrub the images from my brain of my parents in compromising positions… yeugh. Dad just laughs at me.

“Go on, son. Go see your mate. There is much to discuss, I can imagine.”

~*~

Well this sure isn’t what I had imagined.

I thought of a playroom, I pictured an old time wood furnished dark room, but in actual fact, my father’s playroom was clean clear and pure colours; white, and simple. An organised, cold and sterilise setting; a simple metal bed placed in the middle of the room, covered in a plastic sheet, a thick white metal bench, and a clear metal framed table; each item attached to cuffs and chains; ropes hanging from the ceiling.

Despite the offending items hanging on hooks, jammed into the units and on shelves around the room, this room felt… so pure. Angelic and soothing.

I felt as though I could be myself here without being judged.

Was that the aim of the design? I don’t know but I felt comfortable, and was surprisingly excited to bring Virginia here. Let her experience the peaceful sensation this room brought.

~*~

Deacon POV

I guess I had it coming.

Declan was always the more supportive and loving mate, the reliable one and I was the Alpha heir and more responsibilities that I couldn’t even comprehend. I wasn’t attentive or emotionally receptive like my brother.

I had come to realise that I didn’t deserve Virginia and I needed to step back; that’s what I had been doing. I had been keeping myself busy at work, spending time with Maddox and trying as hard as I could to dissipate the jealousy pumping through my veins.

I knew I had to let Virginia go. I’d tried repeatedly to be the mate she deserved but all that I got, all that happened was my repeated ability to disappoint and push her further away.

It was my stupidity, my relationship with Bethany; the birth of my son, the future Alpha- taking away that chance, that right from Virginia and our possible children. I was selfish and had taken away every right of my mate, pushing her into the arms of another.

My fault.

Virginia had done nothing wrong, not once and I continued to break her; being of Alpha blood, I could hear the other wolves among the pack; I could hear Virginia’s wolf. Despite her sovereignty and fight to keep strong, I could feel her wolf’s pain, her neglected heart and never ending disappointment in my behaviour.

What was I going to do?

Rejecting Virginia now could potentially kill both of us, which in turn could kill Declan too. How could I let her go? Give her the life she deserves?

I will always be her mate, but I know what is best for her. That is not me. Declan is what is best for her. What I must do to give her a chance at happiness; forcing our match will only kill Virginia, and in time, the pack also. Everyone will die and it will all be my fault.

It was time.

“Dad!” I called, heading from Maddox’ room. I needed to do this before I chickened out.

I had my heir, that was the one thing I’d done successfully; but now I had to be selfless and give Virginia and Declan a chance.

Seeing my Dad heading out of the kitchen, arms filled with food, “Dad, we need to talk. Now.”